View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 10:53:06 AM     #4 (permalink)
retired_member13

retired_member13 has a reputation beyond reputeretired_member13 has a reputation beyond reputeretired_member13 has a reputation beyond reputeretired_member13 has a reputation beyond reputeretired_member13 has a reputation beyond reputeretired_member13 has a reputation beyond reputeretired_member13 has a reputation beyond reputeretired_member13 has a reputation beyond reputeretired_member13 has a reputation beyond reputeretired_member13 has a reputation beyond reputeretired_member13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdalziel View Post
I know it may be difficult but there is a single word generic domain with this amount of searches pm, what would you value it at? It is a type of sport eg tennis.co.uk, any idea of a valuation without me giving the name away?

I offered 50k, which i thought was very generous, owner wants nearly double!
Given that the UK's three most popular sports are supposed to be [fishing] to do, [football] to watch & [golf] for both, and all get far less than a million UK exacts monthly on average, I'd love to know what this sport is? [Tennis], [cricket], [rugby], [sports], [sport], [athletics], [basketball], [hockey], [swimming] etc etc all get 300,000 or less.

Are you 100% sure you're measuring the figures correctly? If you are, are you 100% sure that the figure is accurate - it seems far too high to me.

BTW, personally I'd expect to pay 100,000+ for a sports name that was more popular in terms of it's subject matter than Football.co.uk.