View Single Post
Old 17-11-2010, 04:27:08 PM     #9 (permalink)
Systreg

Systreg has a reputation beyond reputeSystreg has a reputation beyond reputeSystreg has a reputation beyond reputeSystreg has a reputation beyond reputeSystreg has a reputation beyond reputeSystreg has a reputation beyond reputeSystreg has a reputation beyond reputeSystreg has a reputation beyond reputeSystreg has a reputation beyond reputeSystreg has a reputation beyond reputeSystreg has a reputation beyond repute

Domain Trader Rating:
(100% / 120)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
I always sigh when I see the standard black on white colour, font size & line-height used. Staring at a paragraph makes my head hurt!

I'd consider playing with the background or font colour (to a shade of grey e.g. #202020)to lessen the 'contrast'.
I just leave font sizes the same mostly and I like black text on a white page, down to personal choice I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
Have a look on css sites such as cssremix to see how they improve readability.S
Couldn't see anything on their homepage apart a load of boxes on the page, clicked a couple of them and they had black text on a white page, got a link to an example of what you mean?

Had a look in the css but there are load of things with the colour #ffffff so no idea what's what to change that, tried a few but no change.

Quote:
I'm sure you wont regret the time spent doing so. It's no harder than using SB when you get used to it.
I tried Joomla years ago and spent a couple of days getting completely lost in the control panel, it wouldn't do anything I wanted, so I though sod it, better off sticking with html on notepad and stuck with that as that's all I know.

I probably would do a hell of a lot more sites if I had a quick solution like WP without days of editing millions of pages, puts me off making sites unless they are small with just a few pages.