View Single Post
Old 22-03-2011, 01:40:47 PM     #2 (permalink)
Blossom

Blossom has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom has a reputation beyond repute

It's not really 'new', but have you tried getting some local businesses on board? E.g. offering 'limited time only' deals and vouchers as a co-promotion? I can imagine lots of food places in particular would try something like that out. You could also go halves with a company for a promo ad in the local paper to get your link in there.

I don't know what your site is like or where the town is based but if there are events happening then can you get down there and take photos (or request that events organisers send you pics? They usually will to push their next event). Proud parents and pet owners and so on love passing on those kinds of pics/links.

There's the potential to hold some kind of contest around photos as well, for example you could ask people to send in their best pics of the local area and have a poll. They will ask other people to vote for them & you'll get more visitors that way.

@blossomnu (tell me you're from Acorn & I'll add you back!)