Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Let's Work Together - Looking for Helpful One-Man Operations with Blogs

Discussion in 'Business Discussions' started by accelerator, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Hi Guys

I'm interested in developing some business contacts with other one-man operations to help promote my sites (and yours!)

At the moment I'm looking for fellow affiliate marketers that have established sites, with blogs, of "reasonable" standard (my blog is www.lowprices.co.uk/blog/ for comparison).

I'll be asking you to post short articles I write about mobile phones and niche clothing pages. In return I will post articles you write for links in to your site. Articles must be of a "reasonable" standard, for reference, I think these are "reasonable":

http://www.lowprices.co.uk/blog/?p=3033

http://www.lowprices.co.uk/blog/?p=3104

I would be able to offer links to pages in the retail sector, for general shopping products and perhaps other services I like. Contact me to see if I can link to your site. Unfortunately this offer is not open to loans or gambling sites, and further sector exclusions may apply (when I think of them).

Further qualities of people I like to work with include:

- Enthusiastic

- Do what they say they will, and reasonably quickly

- Helpful

- Intelligent

- Nice

- Had some success (like I have, but I'm modest LOL) preferred, but keen beginners OK.

- Hard working

- Half decent at SEO

- You are looking to rank on some niche product pages.

If this sounds like you, then please contact me via PM specifying the blog url where you can offer links from. I look forward to hearing from you.

Rgds

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

How well did your swapping facebook likes go out of interest?

4. accelerator United Kingdom

What's your point? By which I mean, what point are you trying to make by posting a question like this. What is the purpose of your post?

5. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Because like the facebook swap thing this will also be (at best) a waste of time.

6. accelerator United Kingdom

The thing is, some of the things I try are a waste of time, some of them are not. The important thing is that I try them. This is what has led to my success.

7. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

Accelerator your site has zero credibility the way it currently looks.

For about the millionth time.... fix it. Otherwise threads like this are just a waste of your time.

8. accelerator United Kingdom

Look ... I appreciate the way you guys are concerned about my site's design, but you are making pronouncements based on assumptions! I have told you before the site can and does convert, it just needs more traffic, hence this post looking for more links into the site.

Rgds

9. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

You're completely failing to understand the point.

The site looks it was built in 1998, then abandoned in 1999. It has ZERO credibility in the eyes of other webmasters. So they receive an email from you saying "hey lets swap guest posts" and just delete it without a second thought. So you get no links, and you get no traffic increase.

10. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

I suppose that depends on what you personally perceive as success, each have their own goals but like the guys have said in fewer words when you try and encourage interaction with others in threads like this you need to be able to offer something in return which is of equal or greater benefit to others who most likely have a much greater range of experience than you..........which you currently can't offer that kind of value.

Help your self and listen to what you've been told sooo many times instead of brushing it off as an experiment or growing your knowledge and experience. Im a firm believer of learning by making mistakes in life but thats dependant on you personally recognising when your making that mistake or hindering your progress.

Time to put the big boy shoes on bud.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  11. accelerator United Kingdom

TBH I think other webmasters are quite difficult to convince anyway, even if the site had an amazing design. I'm not disagreeing that the site design could be better, I don't think it's a show stopper though. The hard thing is finding other likeminded webmasters in a similar situation to me.

Rgds

12. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

So if they're difficult to convince, why make it near impossible?

"I don't think it's a show stopper though. " how many people on Acorn who actually make a real living online and have experience doing it, need to tell you that statement is nonsense before you actually start listening :p

People are trying to help you and commenting from a position of experience... if you don't want to listen then fair enough but why keep making more and more threads about it?

13. accelerator United Kingdom

I do listen to and appreciate all advice given. The reason nothing obvious changes with lowprices.co.uk is that I'm also working on other sites and projects that I don't share.

Rgds

14. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Its only difficult because first impressions mean everything, if someone mails me a proposal and i can see instantly that they have nothing to offer me then i wont even bother replying, if however i see something which may benefit me then ill take the time to at least reply for more information.

Your site looks like a $5 script which I brought of off ebay back in 2003 ( im aware its not but thats the impression i get ), its not what i would expect to see someone in 2015 using, especially when there is so many resources you can take advantage of at no cost to you to make it look amazing.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  15. suggs United Kingdom

suggs Retired Member

Im not a person who likes to put others work down but.. you really should take advice from people on here. Monkey has been very successful online so when he says this wont/doesnt work you really should take note.

I personally sent you links to some half decent wordpress templates a while back which would make your site look more professional and inviting to its users.

You say the site is converting now so if you give it a new lease of life it WILL convert even more. Surely re skinning your site is going to be a whole lot easier and more fun than having LITTLE to NO success building quality backlinks to it in its current state.

Good luck.

16. accelerator United Kingdom

Comments re site design could do with updating accepted and taken on board. Sorry I can't immediately change this but I've explained it's about multiple priorities.

If any webmasters can look past my site's design and would like to work with me, please get in touch.

Rgds

17. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

If you're trying something and its failing then at some point you need to accept your priorities were in the wrong order, and try a new approach.

How much work/cost do you estimate would be involved in overhauling the sites look? I've no idea as the more of the work you can do yourself, obviously the less it would cost. I would guess you could get this done in under £500 and under a week. That would be a decent professional off the shelf theme, some minor mods to it design wise, then integrated coding.

So if you won't take your own site seriously, why should anyone else?

18. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Lets try and look at it logically

Your site has no visitors and no SEO benefit to give with links

Who is going to want to swap blog posts? the only person I can think of is someone starting out who doesn't know what they're doing and has a site with no visitors or SEO value to give either

So what's there to gain for either of you? apart from maybe a mistaken sense of achievement that what you're doing is working towards something

It was the same with facebook swapping likes, it's a clear non starter from the beginning.

19. accelerator United Kingdom

You are incorrect in your assumption that my site has no visitors.

What sites do you run? I'd be interested to see them.

Rgds

20. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I will explain my assumption

You didn't mention anything about visitors in your initial post

One would think if you were trying to encourage people to swap blog posts a mention that your site gets a healthy amount of traffic would be included

But since no mention was included, that led me to my no visitors remark

How many natural visitors do you get? (not people just looking from a forum like this one)

21. accelerator United Kingdom

I don't share that information, but it's more than none!! You haven't told me what site you run yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.