Domain Manage

07/07 rememberance

Discussion in 'General Board' started by doodlebug, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

The news channels have p*ssed me right off today, 5 years ago today London suffered a series of bombings on the tube as you will all know.

I have had the news on all day both Sky and BBC and they're banging on and on about that muppet with a shotgun, barely any mention of 07/07 :x

No doubt that on 09/11 it will be all over our news channels as usual, doesn't 07/07 matter ?

Here's my flowers to remember the dead :|

Attached Files:

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

But to be fair mate, what is to remember? I didn't know any one, I can't remember something I didn't know in the first place.

In my view these events shouldn't get any publicity, neither should any soldier killed in battle. No announcements in the paper, no news about it. Those who need to know will know.

The enemy are only after the publicity, why do their job for them.

4. JMOT

JMOT Well-Known Member

I agree mate... people died. I was up there that day... will never forget it.

The irony is I never take the tube anymore... today was the first time I had to use it in ages...

5. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

My point is, British tv go on about 9/11 all day on 9/11 but 07/07 they're like so what ?

Just disrespectful :|

6. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

Yep, with that point yep, if it's a like for like comparison it's bizarre. We shouldn't be showing either imo. The yanks are a different story, a lot more inwards looking and the 9/11 thing will be a political tool for the next 30-40 years to justify certain policies.

7. mally United Kingdom

mally Well-Known Member

I saw prime ministers question time at lunch and it was mentioned on there quite alot, alot of respectful comments made by all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.