Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

1&1 court case... All invited...

Discussion in 'General Board' started by devolution, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devolution

devolution Active Member

Just to let you know that the court is going to hear the case at Staines County Court soon. I'll give you the exact date shortly.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. bb99 United Kingdom

bb99 Well-Known Member

Is this you suing them or them suing you?

And will Ali G be turning up because it's in Staines?

If you're confident of victory, why not invite The Register along? If they don't turn up, send them a press release about it anyway (lazy journalists) after you've won.

Good luck with it :)

4. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised if they let a nail be tapped in.

5. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

Finger buffet?

6. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

If I was in The UK I'd be there.
    I have a lot of stuff documented about them wasting my time and charging me for services not given.

I think I got all the money back eventually but it's hours of calls with them and hundreds of emails and a lot of frustration.

Someone recommended that I search for 1and1 in google and click on their google ads to get them back in higher adwords fees.

Of course I would never do that as it would be against G's rules... But a friend thought it would be a funny way to release the stress...

7. mally United Kingdom

mally Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the one and one domain. Address is, I'll check on google ;)

8. Skinner

1n1 isnt it ?

WankAnd****** ?

ShitAndShitter ?

DumbAndDumberAndDumberer ?

One of them I think Mally :p

(sorry admin but the language is justified here :p)

9. devolution

devolution Active Member

Court Case is on 14th July 2009 at 11am...

I'll write to a few papers/magazines/news online and around the area. Hopefully some publicity.

I'm pretty sure they won't have a leg to stand on, but if things have to go further, I'm considering initiating a far-reaching case, also involving Nominet, for they have not protected me (or many others screwed by 1&1 and other operations) as a consumer, despite complaints to them.

10. sneezycheese

sneezycheese Active Member

I'm keen to help out if I can - send me a PM and we'll talk.

Cheers,

Sneezy.

11. retired_member12

retired_member12 Retired Member

12. crabfoot United Kingdom

crabfoot Active Member

Methinks that we should have a whip-round so you can employ Dr John McVicar as "case consultant" - not for legal purposes, but so he can nail their feet down so other disgruntled members can have their say before they get away!

13. retired_member7

retired_member7 Retired Member

It seems I got off lightly with 1and1. I registered a domain with them in 2006, poor support and a slow hopeless client area lead me to switching reigsters. The actual process of transferring out took just under 3 weeks I think due to the actual amount of paperwork/emails/auth codes that needed to be processed.

Good luck with the case though.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  14. RSK3000 United Kingdom

RSK3000 Active Member

I'm with 1and1 - never had too many problems but I have heard many, many bad things about them. Its putting me right off them. Whats happened?

15. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

What exactly is your court case about? Can you talk about it a bit?

I've expressed how this is one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with in trying to resolve problems (passed from department to department: transfers-billing-customer service-complaints-transfers and around and around over many months while they still continue to charge me for services I don't have with them)...

Is your's a similar case? Do they still owe you money? What are you trying to get out of it?

I know my questions are quite direct - but I would like to help if I can, but part of me thinks that the more bad press they get, ironically they'll probably just end up with more customers from our efforts.

If I can help I will. But just need to know more about what your plan is and what's happened to you so far. Maybe they've screwed you over more and my few months of crap from them is small fry!

16. Skinner

Kudos, Are you sure ?

In all seriousness, 1and1 will probably still bill you for your services even tho you don't have anything with them, then they'll send the debt collectors around and mess your life up, even tho you owe nothing.

17. Skinner

Phone .net magazine, they have tangoed with 1and1 and cruicifed them in the watchdog column, luckily the threat of .net was enough to sort that customer out, but I expect they maybe of interest.

18. retired_member7

retired_member7 Retired Member

Positive, It took a very long time to get out of 1&1. It took them a good few days to respond to my tickets too.

19. devolution

devolution Active Member

Just to let you know ... there is a further hearing in October, perhaps this time they will be brought to justice.

I read the newest thread on here today about 1&1 continuing to rip people off... I've contacted the Money Saving Expert team, and have asked them to see if they can give some coverage of the issue... Fingers crossed! :)

In the meantime, to geth the word out - for those of you who might be able to link to some info, please link to this post here that I setup especially: WorstOfTheWeb.net 1&1 Internet

20. JMOT

JMOT Active Member

what exactly is the case about? Is there a link to any public files?

21. devolution

devolution Active Member

I am claiming costs & damages for them detagging my domains (hundreds) which I paid for...

This is the first step, though...

It is quite possible that criminal charges could be brought against them; plus I am trying to decide whether it is worth my time to start a class action suit, on behalf of all the others that have been screwed by their incompetence and fraud...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.