Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

1 cent clicks on NameDrive

Discussion in 'NameDrive' started by Pred, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

1 cent clicks? Is this for real?

I didn't think could go below 2 cents lol that sedo pay
    Time to move again

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Johnp United Kingdom

Johnp Active Member

Yep

Agreed, I've even got some with '0' cent clicks. I'll be moving the domains with that are getting less than 3 US cents a click, Sedo pay in Euros, which is about 50% higher these days than US cents cos of the exchange rate.

Sedo also have an incentive on at the moment - LOL !

JohnP

4. SF

SF Well-Known Member

poor names = poor results :)

I wouldnt bother moving - just reg decent names :)

5. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Active Member

I've moved all my domains from ND long ago ;)

~MG

6. E3SARCOM

E3SARCOM Banned

Me too after they suspended my account cuz i`ve reached the payment due .. lol.:-D

Sedo Still The Best.

7. NameDriver

NameDriver NameDrive Staff

Hi Pred,

Sorry to hear that the clicks aren't too great at the moment. I have seen on other forums that earnings on every Google partnered parking provider are low at the moment. I'm not sure if it's anything to do with the financial squeeze in the US, but we are still passing on exactly the same percentage of what Google pay us to you. If you'd like us to look at your domains, then feel free to send a mail to optimize@namedrive.com and we'll have a look at them for you.

Ed

8. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

speak for yourself ;)

one of the names in particular is a .com - overture 164 with extension
    getting a 1 cent click?

the parking companies need to be questioned from time to time and changed around to get the best results. been a huge slide recently, most people are noticing

i have 95% of my names at sedo and am trying out some at namedrive

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  9. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

Thanks Ed.
    To be honest i have been getting more and more names up and developed, some very simple sites and getting myself lots of links in process.

I have planned some much more developed sites for my best performing tlds.
    Most though you have to park because of sheer numbers & i am with you and sedo.

I am just trying park too as i think the rates are so bad everyone is gaining but us. Apreciate what you say about Google, but 1 cent clicks ??

10. E3SARCOM

E3SARCOM Banned

I ddvice you to think carfully about this step..:mrgreen:

11. olebean United Kingdom

olebean Well-Known Member

To be honest I've had loads of £0.00 clicks on domains and it is taking the p*** not just with namedrive, with sedo etc etc

12. SF

SF Well-Known Member

Woow whos the daddy :)

Well done mate!

Are they adult names by any chance? let me see a couple and I will check and see how popular they are with google... pm me...

I bet there not yeilding great results....

13. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

ok, thanks Sean.
    any help would be appreciated as Parking is not my thing really.

none are adult. only have a few adult and they tend to be .co.uk
    tbh, the best revenue names (i say revenue, smalltime) are a couple .co.uk & .org.uk's believe it or not.

one of the best i have is actually a hyphenated com.

thing with parking though isn't it the keywords that pay the money? the com i was on about is actually a name, christian name. i looked on nd & people are searching for books. i entered books as the keyword and it was paying 1 cent a click, which somehow seems unbelievable.

i'm just currently getting a parked.com account as have heard good things. i have been very lazy with parking in past and is something i'm looking at.
    cheers

14. SF

SF Well-Known Member

so if i have just read this correct, its a christain name thats getting 1 cent clicks, the thing is who would pay for traffic comming through a christian name,

If it was car-insurance. com and was getting a thousand clicks a day and only making you 1 cent per click, i could understand but a christian name?? cant see the clicks being high

15. Americar

Americar Active Member

ED - seeing that you have been gracious enough to respond to the 1cent per click post and you have quoted:

*but we are still passing on exactly the same percentage of what Google pay us to you*

Perhaps you might be kind enough to inform those of us who are interested in this thread ..

what is the percentage that you are passing on ?

I have a very personal interest in knowing why it is that ND pay per click is so poor ...

I am not bagging Namedrive .. i personaly like everything about NameDrive except the pay out stucture which is probably better than Sedo who are the PPC aggregator of last resort for me ...

Namedrive has the best landers of any aggregator, you have the easiest key word system and choice of templates ... But you fall down on $ per click for me ...

Why am i going into this detail ... i have a name advertised here at Acorn i stated that the name had average PPC of 56c with a 30% CTR .. that was September .. this Month Oct i have 18c avg PPC & 27.66%, how am i supposed to explain that to a potential buyer ... looks like i fiddled the numbers which i didn't ...

Some day one of you guys .. PPC companies are going to get really smart and take a chance on following Frank Shilling's advisory:

**My prediction:

Some very smart person or group of people is going to set up a transparent and very well run "parking" company that will disrupt the current situation in a significant way. My guess is this company will offer variances of parked pages, real mini-sites and Transparent Accounting to those who park their domains with them.

Lastly, this company will take a much lower revenue share than other parked companies, and domainers with Traffic will stampede towards them.""

***FS*** I'll go one better.. the parking company that acts as the disruptive conduit upsetting the apple cart rev-share will be domainer centric. I have watched so many parking co's come and go.. Many "get" this biz but many don't.. A significant percentage of present day domain parking co's play a combination game of "keepway", "watch the competition then react" and "I think I've got something really special that nobody else does.. but I'm wrong" All those games eventually blow away amid disruptive competitive actions.***

http://frankschilling.typepad.com/

In my book Namedrive is a company in position to carry out the above ... Give it some thought you were able to raise the bar by 50% with your sping time bonus ...

Some day soon a new kid is going to be on the block, that is what i read into the above ..

16. mxm

mxm Active Member

candy apple fresh love dreams

1 cent for a hit for all that work :rolleyes:

americar is correct... lots of *new* technologies that will make parking a hype of the past ;)

parking V affiliate minisites simple guide to follow! :mrgreen:

17. fred United Kingdom

fred Active Member

Ed has explained in the past why they do not (and will not) give out this percentage. Basically, the reason is that you are asking for the percentage of a percentage:

Say google pay company A 80% of the ppc bid, and Company A pass on 80% of that to you, a $1 bid would mean you get $0.64

Say google pay company B 60% of the ppc bid, and Company B pass on 90% of that to you, a $1 bid would mean you get $0.54

So, while Company B pass on the higher percentage of the money they get from google, you are actually getting less.

18. Americar

Americar Active Member

Thx Fred - but it's allways worth a try ... no aggregator is ever going to give away the the holy grail of trade secrets .. God forbid the opposition might see it or even the big G might pull their cred's ... go figure what the percentage must be to be paying 1 cent per click i cant ..

Some Day these aggregators are going to have to be transparent in their dealings with domainers until that happens we will just have to float between whoever is paying out the best click on the Day ..

From my experience Domainsponsor leaves the others for dead and they have the worst landing pages of all ...

Thx for your input anyway ..

19. NameDriver

NameDriver NameDrive Staff

Hi Americar,

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I was dealing with various email spammers etc. Was also my birthday yesterday :)

The comments you make are very interesting and valid and I would like to answer them in some detail.

At ND, we have always tried to be at the forefront of parking technology and have introduced a raft of new technologies to the market which are taken for granted nowadays. We were the first, among other things, to:
    - offer tracking and optimization per advertising region
    - show a preview of your parked pages in multiple regions with the ND sandbox
    - have full IDN implemtnation (we are still one of the only companies to come close to this)
    - offer attractive landers
    - offer headers selectable by the users
    - offer the option of removing user searches
    - offer sales offers directly to your own sales page
    - add custom banners to your pages
    - offer a folder system
    - provide a blog for updates to our services / pages etc
    - offer the option to capitalise letters in your domain name

There are several other things which we have done which are now taken for granted but were ignored for a long time by the Powers That Be. Even the way we go about our daily business is different to everything that went before and we are perfectly aware that many other companies watch what we do and replicate that. For instance, one company's Autumn promotion does look very similar to our own Spring Bonus, don't you think...? We have also heard that Park & Sell's success has led a large sales platform to start a roll out of their own revenue-based sales offers.

As far as transparency is concerned, we are still after two years the only major parking company who shows you your cut of precisely what Google pays us for your traffic - hence the 24 hour revenue update. All other companies simply guesstimate, which is a good explanation for why some domains do so much better with us than elsewhere and vice versa.

Regarding percentage payouts, as we pay a direct cut of Google's payment to us, we are contractually forbidden to reveal our revenue share as they do not want the end user to know precisely what they are paying their partners. In addition to this, as stated very often on this board, we do not wish to enter into other company's claims on "revenue share". We have carried out many tests with other providers - as have our users - and their percentage claims just don't seem to cut the mustard. An account at one provider with "80%" rev share was performing more poorly than an account with "60%" rev share. This is smoke and mirrors thrown up by some companies and we do not wish to become involved. A new company offering "100%" rev share (explain how they stay in business...) still performs less well on our 3 test portfolios than other providers.
    We are as transparent as we possibly can be in the terms of our contract, we simply want the earnings to do the talking and not the rev share.

I will not pretend that, while we innovate in the market and continue to bring new ideas to the table, some companies have taken our ideas to another level in some respects. We never sit still and are constantly looking for new ways to improve your overall experience and earnings. We are doing just that at the moment with some really exciting improvements and these will be available to all in the not too distant future.

I can assure you that it is not just a case of "beef up the rev share", there are a huge number of factors involved in providing a solid service and, while we are content with what we have done in the 26 months we have been providing our service to you, there is still a huge amount to come to us in the future, as our ever-increasing customer base and DNS parked domains goes to show.

Sorry, that went on for a bit long, perhaps. I apologise for that! I hope it does address your concerns though.

Ed

20. Americar

Americar Active Member

Hi ED,

Happy birthday .. hope it was great ..

Thx for the detailed response .. thats not over long it's rare to have any response from other PPC companies, usually they just ignore anything that does not suit them to to answer .. so thx again ..

I did not expect to get an answer to the how much rev share do ND payout that was bit tongue in cheek on my part ...

As i said in my post about ND i really like ND .. i do think that your company is the most innovative aggregator around .. everthing is great except some of the payouts ... let me give you an example ..

Take a reasonable traffic ringtone name .. 50 to 100 uniques per Day .. i have had such names at ND the best PPC i can get on a good Day is 10c down as low as 4c on a bad Day ... Sedo is about the same except the Euro currency gives the payout a little boost up ... I have the same name now at Domainsponsor with a lousy lander but the payout is more than double for the ringtone click .. this is constant not 3/4c one day and 10c the next ... why is it that there are such wide discrepancies between PPC Companies ...

You probably cannot answer that question but give it a shot anyway .. i have the very same problem with Gamers traffic except no aggregator that i use pays very much for game traffic. ND is no better nor worse than anyone else in that department ...

Fact is i personally cannot afford to throw that type of traffic into PPC when in my case i can sell an actual ringtone through affiliates and get paid anywhere from $4 to $10 from a sale .. but thats just my situation ...

I think that Frank Schilling and Co whilst being a force unto themselves maybe/perhaps will test the waters in regard to forming a super PPC aggregator in the near future and domainers with the good traffic will be drawn to them in droves if such a situation comes to pass .. so everybody else will have to lift their game before that happens ...

I look forward to seeing the new innovations that ND have on the drawing board ..

Thanks Again

Max.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.