Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

123-reg contacts?

Discussion in 'Domain Name Registrars' started by 3cats, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3cats

3cats Active Member

Anyone know any direct email contacts for 123-reg? I regged a domain on Wednesday and it has yet to appear in my account manager. I've emailed them 4 times but they've not bothered getting back to me. It's starting to pi** me off. Just a reply that we are dealing with it would put me in a better mood.

Oh yeah: and the .EU thing in your basket is annoying and quite possibly illegal.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. retired_member27

retired_member27 Retired Member

Welcome to the new 123-reg. :(

Interesting enough I read somewhere recently that 123-reg and pipex are going to be taken over, so lets hope the new owners will improve the customer service department because at the moment it's a complete shambles.

4. 3cats

3cats Active Member

Simply dreadful service at 123-reg. I hate poor customer service so much. It really gets me in a foul temper. RegisterFly is another service which I would recommend people avoid like the plague. Oh yeah: 1 & 1 is pretty dreadful, too. :mrgreen:

5. domaingenius

domaingenius Well-Known Member

I can tell you the only company I have never ever had any problems with is www.domaincity.co.uk They seriously know what theyre doing and put up with people (like me) that dont !. Thats not just a commercial plug thats straight up.Now if they have prices like GoDaddy and 123 they'd be made but theyre a little bit more.

DG

6. deconstruction United Kingdom

deconstruction Well-Known Member

this used to happen with me alot on 123-reg.

it happens when a name which is in someone 123-reg account drops and someone else picks it up.

it will still be sitting in someone elses account (nice)

if you email them they will change it... it will prob take a week though.

if they dont sort out their support VERY soon they are going to loose alot of business!!!

7. retired_member27

deconstruction, I think you find it's spelt addict. :D

8. deconstruction United Kingdom

deconstruction Well-Known Member

apd - i fink yur wrong bat i chnaged it any wey ;)

* maybe i should go back to school * :rolleyes:

cheers :mrgreen:

9. 3cats

3cats Active Member

Thanks for that, Deconstruction. It would explain also why the domain is actually being forwarded to another website even though I haven't forwarded it (I can't; I can't access the damn thing).

Maybe I should try domaincity (as recommended above) from now on. I always rated 123-reg but this was based on my experiences some years ago. Things have gone downhill since then.

10. netserve

netserve Active Member

We're going to be fixing the pricing issue very soon, just haven't decided what price we're going to charge yet.

So if someone wants to suggest a good price point that would make them think twice about their current registrar please do so :)

11. 3cats

3cats Active Member

£2.99 p.a sounds very reasonable. However, to combat the likes of 123 and 1&1 it might be an idea to make a lot of customer testimonials (especially former customers of other registrars who grew disgruntled). Customer service has to be the key if you can't compete on price.

12. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

123-Reg has a poor and cumbersome user interface which doesn't allow for efficient management of multiple domain names. Too many clicks involved.

I wouldn't touch any of the US registrars that either buy in .uk service from a third party or have their own tag. Registerfly were putting themselves as the Registrant for a long time. I've recently looked at a couple of the large US registrars to see whether they comply with Nominet's Good Practice of drawing Registrants attention to the Nominet T&Cs just before a registration request is submitted. The ones I have looked at do not. One registrar doesn't explain WHOIS opt out and simply offers it as a service to anyone.

If anything went wrong, I'd not want to trust a highly valuable domain name with any of this lot.

13. retired_member27

I know a lot of the big internet companies have all their domains managed by Markmonitor, a US company I believe and they aren't cheap but the main benefit is that they will actively protect your brand from cybersquatters and domain thieves.

Just research where the big companies have their domains, and do the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.