123 reg Scam

Discussion in 'Domain Name Registrars' started by fresh79, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fresh79 United Kingdom

fresh79 Active Member

This week i deleted 2 names from my 123 reg account, They were showing as due renewal, the system gave an option of deleting them if no longer required, so i deleted them, went through the process - all seemed ok
    Then I get invoiced and it shows they took the ££ by DD? WTF :confused:

I asked for clarification on when its too late to cancel -leading up to the date of renew,
    Customer service rep didnt have much of a clue, said 2 weeks, then went on to say 1 week??

I asked where exactly it says this in the T&C's - Customer service, again no clue.

I asked: if thats the case why did the system allow me to go ahead and cancel 2 names, and then confirm to me that they were cancelled?

To me this seems like a scam, and im now looking to move away from this shoddy outfit

You have been warned, I have been warned, there are plenty of bad reports on 123 reg here, I should have listened earlier :(

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Peeps

Peeps Member

123 Scam

Sounds a bit of a shambles!
    Thanks for the warning.

4. WaftyCrank United Kingdom

WaftyCrank Active Member

I've had this problem with 123 Reg before. Its because they have a very poor system that wont allow last minute cancellations. Move your domains to domain monster.

5. webfusion

webfusion 123-Reg Staff

Hello,

My name is Nerys and I work for 123-Reg.

Please confirm the domain name this is regarding and I will look into this further for you.

Regards,

Nerys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.