Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

170 Million Google search results

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by olebean, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olebean United Kingdom

olebean Well-Known Member

The whole thread is not just about MoreOn.com etc but selling domains persa

I also agree that moreon is very difficult to value, both $33mil and low $xx could both be potentially correct but most probably wrong.

What becomes more confusing is in recent times I have had enquires for someone from media company in America, a political party wanting to rent it and two IP providers , with just initial enquiries no firm offers of yet.

What is curious is throught the threads the debates continues to be about the name MoreOn.com but the is no general consensus as to valuation or methodology to use.

The debate could rumble on as potential uses with me suggesting that MoreOn pertains to everything but it could equally be argued that it relates to nothing specific. Whilst the doubling meaning could in fact persaude companies to invest, others with a personable approach may shy away from potential media ridicule.

So to place MoreOn.com in professional hands may deter suiters, that would depend on personal aspirations on the domain and trust in the reselling industry or recommedations/investigation of resellers. This to date has not been successful, as seen from my previous thread GD has a conflict of interests problem and Sedo's business methodology I am highly suspicious of.

Does anyone else have any recommended resellers?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. lesurf United Kingdom

lesurf Active Member

Get offers from all interested parties on the table, say that you are selling by way of a sealed bidding process ending on a given date. Sell the domain for the highest offer you receive - i.e. the name is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

IMO I can see that there might be a value to this domain i.e. more on - sport, moreon - music etc. Much like music365.com or football365.com etc but I just think the negative connotations of moreon = moron would be too much to convince a non humour based project to take this on.

If you are genuinely getting offers though there must be something about it. If you are desperate for the money sell to the highest bidder if you're not and you rate the name hold on to it until you get an offer you view as worthy.

Personally I'm with the FCDomains approach to selling domains.

4. olebean United Kingdom

The bigger question is does anyone want to be sucking nutrients through a straw whilst an unstable nurse chances your bag then wipes you down catching your bed sores before you manage to liquidate your domains..

This year has seen a marginal increase in generic domain prices. Equally business' have taken the route of buying new ideas, concepts or merging with others to install above inflation growth.

sms.co.uk is a further yard stick to potentially measure prices curiously enough the suggested overture hits of 27000 in august rose to 125000 in september some rise!

If that bandwagon is definatly rolling I'm climbing aboard.

lesurf, cheers for the reply any other suggestion????

5. olebean United Kingdom

Quickly going back to charlies earlier comment

Do truely feel moreabout has a similiar branding etc capability? I just can't imagine people thinking that would be cool.

The other question is does anyone else know of any other domains being uesed etc that is as short or shorter with double meaning and holistic cogitation? From a selling point of view that would be interesting knowledge

cheers guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.