Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

2 x same keyword domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have both the co.uk & com version of a keyword domain but only the .com is currently an affiliate site, i'd like to monitize the co.uk version also.

Initially my thoughts are obviously completely different content so as not to be penalised by big G.

I've only one hosting account

Any other considerations?

Host it on another server/host and build fresh and appealing content on it - then use it to backlink yours. Make sure there is no footprint between them and zero duplicate content.

I've been aliasing some .co.uk's on the .com ... this is not a code 301 and should be able to be actioned within the same hosting package as long as the domains are with the same ISP or pointed at the same nameservers.

I agree with thecat re the 'proper' way to do this, but this is a 'quick fix'

And as for SEO as a result... mmm.. I haven't been hit badly with mine and achieve same ranking.... but...

It would be interesting to know exactly what negatives / positives there are in doing the following:

a) alias on same IP
b) 301 from a different IP (with no prior content on that name)
c) new website, new content, new IP address

ANYONE?... stats available?

Hope this doesn't count as thread hijack... just think it would reveal the best thing to do!

I don't see that you would get any benefit or detriment from a 301 regardless of IP.
New website means another potential page 1 listing for the target keyword.

I have this situation with a good number of keywords and I have never 301'd so I'd really like to see if I've missed something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom