Domain Manage

2160p

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by snailbrain, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snailbrain

snailbrain Member

Hello,
    although i've been registered here since 2009, i'm far from being a "domain dealer".. as you can probably see from my previous posts :)

I have owned 2160p.org.uk for 2.5 years.. i have put on the most basic wordpress site and some random text...
    it has been on the first page for the search term for 2 years.. the last 12 months has had approximately 400 unique visitors per month, +/- 50.. last 3 months have been all over 400 though.

I believe the next playstation or xbox's will sport 2160p output? (read it somewhere).

should i bother developing this? could it be worth something in the future?

although not a uk domain, i also have 2160ptv.net .. this has 600+ uniques per month.

your thoughts will be much appreciated...

p.s. i may be asking for advice on a few other domains i have too :)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. viceroy

viceroy Active Member

Could I assume that you've got QuadHD.tld and SuperQuadHDTV.tld as well as SuperQuadFullHighDefinition.tld?

4. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

It's not really my line but, i'm never sure that using a feature of a product as a saleable domain - unless it sits right at the very top of the chain.

At one time i held the various TV output system descriptives ie 720 1080 ( and the I & P system types - similar to your domain) Never sold one.

Mind you at the top of the chain 3dtv . couk was a lovely sale for me. I just don't think you can start drilling a product description down too far and see it as a usable domain

5. snailbrain

snailbrain Member

thanks for the responses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.