Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

30 day minisite diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Inspired by this thread (http://www.wickedfire.com/traffic-content/113689-taking-new-site-top-30-day-case-study.html), I have started a 30 day log of one of my sites stats and revenue, what I'm doing to the site and the results of those actions.

I'm not going to post it up until the 30 days are over, as people posting in the middle of it seems to kill the thread a bit. I just wondered if there would be any stats etc. in particular people would be interested to see?

I'm currently focusing on search engine results for 3 keywords, amount of links to the site and revenue. I should also say that I'm by no means professional or experienced, so this is as much for people to pick up on mistakes I make during the process and help me out as it is for people to learn.

You should make this project more interactive, posting as you go along so you can get advice on what your next steps should be from more experienced members of the forum. It will also be easier for people to follow and understand as you perform each task. Leaving it till the 30 days are over before you post won't be all that exciting for your readers and they're not going to learn much. All they will see is that your site has improved it's ranking in search engines, how many visitors your site has had and much money you've made; not much to learn there.

Last edited:
I see your points. It can be hard to keep track of what's going on though if I do it on a daily basis, there could be pages of comments in between what's actually happening.. there are also going to be days when nothing happens (don't want to panic G with masses of links coming out of the blue and college coursework & full time work = busy).

I like how the guy in the link set it out; you could see exactly what he was doing and any patterns that were emerging without jumping through pages and pages to find a particular bit.

If the general consensus is do it as I go I will give it a go...

You could do it as you go along by editing the original post (just add a bold title for a each new day so it stands out).

Should be nice and quick for anyone to catch up that way.

I just wondered if there would be any stats etc. in particular people would be interested to see?

I would be interested to see how you find backlinks. That's one thing I want to improve on, find quality links that are relevant to the niche I'm in.

Good luck with the project.

Thanks Johnnyboy. It's hard to know which backlinks are quality, but hopefully by trying different sources and seeing what effect that has on my rankings we might be able to dispell or prove any myths. Link building is so boring it would be nice to cut it down to the most beneficial methods and not waste time on things that get you no where

I was just thinking, is 30 days really long enough for this project? Seeing results of any changes could take weeks, even months. Even seeing the effect of changing the meta title of a page can take a week or two.

You might want to consider making this a long-term project. If you make several changes to your site at once, you won't know which one is having an effect on rank position.

30 days probably isn't long enough, as you say alot of things will take a while to even register. However, the guy onWickedFire saw some good results after 30 days on a site that went live on day 1. Mine has existed, albeit without any SEO, for a few of months now so things like indexing are already sorted.

I'll keep the thread updated after the 30 days if people want to see how it's doing, but for the time being I'll concentrate on 30 days just to see what can be achieved on a minisite in that time

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom