Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

3dprototyping.co.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by cabr, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabr United Kingdom

cabr Active Member

I know there's not many exact searches but there seem to be quite a few companies operating in this area. How much do you guys think it is worth to an end user?

Any opinions welcomed

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. wb

wb Well-Known Member

One which was on my 'thinking about' list :p

Not a bad name if you can sell it to an end user, however when I have done protoyping in design technology before it tends to be referred to as 'rapid prototyping' or '3D printing' :). Will let others put a value on it.

4. davedevelopment

davedevelopment Well-Known Member

I don't know about value, but it's certainly getting more popular, design and prototype here, then send the designs over to china for manufacturing.

5. cabr United Kingdom

cabr Active Member

I just noticed that 3dPrinting.co.uk was sold for £500 at Sedo in March 2008. So this one might not be worth as much as I thought..

6. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I would say this was quite a good name because it's the kind of thing people might turn to the internet for to find. AdWords ads are appearing on the term and that is always a good sign. I would say if you contacted applicable end users you probably have a fair chance of one of them parting with a not inconsiderable sum.

Rgds

7. cabr United Kingdom

cabr Active Member

Thanks for all your opinions.

I'm seriously considering turning it into a website with some information on the subject and some affiliate links. If it will be well ranked in google its value should increase as well :)

8. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

With a subject like this, I'd say the main advantage of building a website is that it may be seen by potential buyers. I would advise something on the website saying that the domain is for sale. This is a technique I hope to use myself, my first experiment with this is Electricity Cost, although I haven't added the domain for sale info yet.

Rgds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.