Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

3DTVmag - sneak preview.

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by Serge, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serge

Serge Member

I've bought couple of domains yesterday and one of them is during creation process. If you could have a quick look and leave feedback. It took me about 5 hours to create whole graphics and sample content for this site (Joomla).

http://3DTVmag.co.uk

P.S. 3dtvmagazine_co_uk is also mine so there is no problem with name ;)

Thanks in advance.

Serge

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. fresh79 United Kingdom

fresh79 Active Member

Hi Serge
    No doubt you are a talented coder and can create a site quickly and profitably...
    But your graphics and typography are old skool - im thinking old rave flyers and late 80's early 90's 3d text styles :p Sorry !

4. m4c United Kingdom

m4c Active Member

Hi Serge,
    have to concur with fresh79 - good start to the site but the graphics are a bit dark - I always go back to the apple site for inspiration - they have to be one of the ultimate technology co's and they keep their graphics really fresh, clean, pastel / simple.

One question - do you know if there is an option / module for joomla that can clean up the URL's - in the way that you can alter the permalink setting in WP - makes it sooooo much better for seo...

Good luck with the project anyhow.

5. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I never use a big header, as this forces the user to scroll before seeing useful info.

Rgds

6. Serge

Serge Member

Thank you for feedback. Graphics will change soon (when I find enough time to do this). I don't know why, but I like dark backgrounds but if you think that it's gonna be better I'll make it a bit lighter ;)

About friendly urls for Joomla - the best component in my opinion is sh404SEF - powerful and with lots of options. You can find it at extensions.joomla.org.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  7. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

I agree that the header could be reduced in size (by half maybe) and looks a touch dated. The layout in general is really good though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.