Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

88,160 UK domains for sale

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by Admin, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

I could find a hundred 'living' jocks all of whom are making a difference all around the world but that wasn't the point I was making.

Look man I was brought up in the worse council scheme in Scotland but once you pick yourself up and fight yourself out of it its a whole new ballgame.

I've travelled the world, or a hell of a lot of it, and Scotland is in the Top5 most beautiful.

Take the blinkers off or if you ever get the chance at least travel outside the town you lived.

At very least don't rubbish your homeland and heritage

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. RampageJackson

RampageJackson Active Member

Why shouldn't I rubbish my homeland? Its a horrid place to live. Should I just be blindly patriotic and say its great?

Sure there are some beautiful places in Scotland, but none that I would want to live in permanently. I don't think its me that needs to take the blinkers off though if you think Scotland is in the top 5 places in the world!

The country is over run by drug addicts, single mothers and people who just can't be bothered working for a living. Presumably you work in UK, so your tax is funding all of these leaches. I've lived in a lot of different countries, and without doubt, Scotland was the worst of them all.

You can point out a nice lake or the highlands or something, but realistically how often do you get to see them? I need to live somewhere with good infrastructure, not miles from civilisation. Having a beautiful lake 3hrs drive from my house doesn't make up for being forced to live with all the scumbags around me, living off of my hard work.

4. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

I live in London, which is overun by far more than unfortunates who have a drug dependency and a few scumbags who want to live off the state.

Europe; I've travelled most of it and seen some beautiful places but if the rest of Europe is so good, why do so many of them want to live here

I stand by what I said, youre painting a picture that is NOT representative of the country, its only your opinion and based on what I've read its not an opinion I buy into.

I hate to hear people who profess to be Scottish painting this kind of picture as overall it just isnt true.

All the best with the rest of your life - nuff said.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  5. RampageJackson

RampageJackson Active Member

Because for a lot of Europe they can come to UK, earn £7/hr and send money back home to their family. If you work online its easy to have all the good sides of living in a European country without the major downside - low wages. I'm going to earn exactly the same next month whether I do it from Edinburgh, Eastern Europe or anywhere else. Better quality of life in Eastern Europe and lower costs too - its a win win.

6. jasman United Kingdom

jasman Active Member

Come on, let's get back on topic

7. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Seconded! Especially since a representative from Nokta has now joined the conversation...

8. julian United Kingdom

julian Banned

obviously in some sort of financial shit-state...

9. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

or reinvesting in something else.

10. julian United Kingdom

julian Banned

maybe...

i offered them 3 times a few years ago what I know they have sold some names for recently - and I'm pretty dam sure that plenty others have done the same too..

they obviously got money to burn.. :) but I think there's a message there to all domainers..

11. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

I simply love it when you suck up and kiss ass! ;) Would you throw you coat over a puddle for me if I came over for a visit?:grin:;)

12. jimmc

jimmc Active Member

Wow Nokta, who the hell are they anyway??

13. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

A big player in UK the domain space, which is the reason I started this thread.

Admin

14. SF

SF Well-Known Member

Great thread,

I like edwins knowledge makes some great points,

Admins is right, what doesnt have a price tag is always to much :)

Rampage Jackson, I also like your honesty and also agree hyphens are garbage..

Welcome to the forum nokta,

15. retired_member34

retired_member34 Retired Member

I wasn't given the option to use PayPal, even though it was a low cost.

A direct credit card option would be welcomed. It goes against the grain to photocopy credit cards and signatures these days, it feels very insecure. I understand it protects you against chargebacks (or is it escrow.com that feels the potection?), but the same can be achieved with Mastercard Securecode and Verified by Visa, they've been available since 2004.

16. Nokta Domains

Nokta Domains Active Member

Hi,

The only reason that PayPal option wasn't given to you is to be that we didn't have PayPal option at that time. Since PayPal option was added 1 or 2 months after we opened noktadomains.com. Credit card option will be available within two weeks the latest.

17. retired_member25

retired_member25 Retired Member

Hello,

I bought a name a week ago. The Paypal option was only available to buyers in the US.

18. Nokta Domains

Hi,

Was that PayPal option on Noktadomains.com or Escrow.com? We cannot interfere in Escrow's practices. yet, on Noktadomains.com PayPal option is available for all regions. I am now trying to find out the problem to solve it. Could you please inform us your user name or which domain name you purchased?

19. retired_member25

retired_member25 Retired Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes it was with Escrow. Is it possible to pay Nokta direct without Escrow?

20. Paullas

Paullas Super Moderator Staff Member

so i take it you wont be renewing the 2 you have on sedo then :)

21. Nokta Domains

Payment at Noktadomains.com

Hi James,

Of course it is possible to pay Nokta directly if you have a PayPal account and your payment does not exceed 2,500 USD or you can pay via wire transfer. we hope that payment via credit card will be activated with a week. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.