Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

A big dump

Discussion in 'General Board' started by retired_member33, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member33

retired_member33 Retired Member

I would think that even a small listing fee (£1 or £2 for an example) would make people think twice about posting a domain and would make sure that people only list domains of which they think that they will have a shot at being sold.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

People who post absolute shit for sale, should be banned from the selling sub forums. They're not doing the forum as a whole any favours... here's a prime candidate to be first for the chop.

Offering turds like f00ll0w.co.uk is no more than either trying to rip newbies off and/or treating the forum like its full of idiots. It doesn't leave a good impression at all surely?

4. julian United Kingdom

julian Banned

Yeah, the main one perhaps being a plethora of clueless newbs who took up 'domaining' in the last few years, woke up hot and sticky one day and think they sussed it cos they got an ips tag, but in reality rather annoying either by asking for endless domain appraisals on reg-fee junk, posting tat in sales threads and spouting endless opinionated drivel like their some paragon of virtue.

5. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I shall moan again

Do we have to take all sales threads seriously even if they aren't serious? just out of politeness

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/other...7-years-aged-domain-sterling-systems-com.html

The title and especially the image on the Ebay listing are funny..

Might as well use any old random fact to sell a domain

"This domain starts with the letter S!"

ooo wow the letter S ooo :oops: wonderful

I understand and agree with the "don't appraise other peoples sales threads" rule but if the only thing a domain has going for it is it's age then what's the point of even posting it?

It's actually a bit insulting for someone to try and sell something with BS and have to ignore it and pretend it's not BS

ps. Don't get me wrong I think reg/prereg date can be fine & interesting to include, but the domain name itself has to be the main selling point surely..

6. retired_member36

retired_member36 Retired Member

I don't normally get involved with nonsense like this but i find your comments disrespectful to be honest Murray

I personally don't see any problem at all with the post your relating to, and i think brining it up like this is all wrong.

I can't see how its insulting? and certain isn't as insulting as your last reply in the thread.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

For me it's disrespectful to insult peoples intelligence by telling them something is worth something purely because of an irrelevant fact.

Might as well offer some magic beans along with the domain.

To steal a quote from the great man Karl Pilkington, at what point are we all just pushing bs around like dung beetles?

8. denchomsky United Kingdom

denchomsky Well-Known Member

I agree, people that post BS should be told its BS.

9. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

+1

10. Sam

Sam Super Moderator Staff Member

Murray

stop your moaning you have been moaning since you joined the forum :lol:

11. Retired_Member42

Retired_Member42 Retired Member

The domain sucks but so do 90% of the domains here tbh, maybe even 95%... If nobody posted crap domains we'd have a pretty dead forum on our hands. I don't really have a problem with seeing the junk via the new posts link. At least people put domains in the title so you can quickly see it's shite before wasting your time opening the thread.

12. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I am a constant delight I will have you know :evil:

13. Retired_Member39

Retired_Member39 Retired Member

I agree , everytime i read your posts all is well with the world and i have a beaming smile :p

14. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Age is relevant. It's not the only factor, and it can't save a worthless domain or turn a lump of coal domain into a diamond, but a very well aged domain can still have some "merit" from the age. If nothing else, it reassures the small subset of potential customers who Whois you to find out how long you've been "around" before doing business with you.

(And yes, I know that's an inadequate way of checking, but it's still one of many "signals of quality" people can in theory use to try and determine the trustworthiness and reliability of a business)

15. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

If you are going to bring the 'how long has this person been around' issue into it then fair enough. But outside of trusting the seller... there is zero seo value or any other value to age alone. If it has had an aged site on it or lots of links then thats another ballgame (often these links will now have a negative value... another story altogether there though).

Its a bit silly when people say '10 year old domain for sale' and its been parked and showing 0 links in Majestic...

16. SF

SF Well-Known Member

spot on! :D

17. Retired_Member39

Retired_Member39 Retired Member

I think you need to bare in mind that the quality of domains available is not the same as it was 5 years ago. Those that started domaining 10 years ago wont really need to use this forum other than abit of extra exposure or for the enjoyment. I do find it abit offensive saying that sellers here these days are only desperate sellers, not everyone had the luxury of getting in the game early to acquire such quality.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.