Domain Manage

A Catch 2 years on....

Discussion in 'Drop catching Domain Names' started by golddiggerguy, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golddiggerguy United Kingdom

golddiggerguy Well-Known Member

Just a thought as it just happened to me and need to look into this as to what's happened.

I think i must have had a domain booked 2 years ago with 3 drop catchers and 1 of them caught it :)

I decided 2 years on to just let it drop. I have just received an email from one that didn't catch it 2 years ago that they now had caught it (as i had just let it drop) and must have been in their system still.

If domains are not caught first time round "do they" or "should they" get removed if no longer available?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Deltrus

Deltrus Active Member

I think catchers should implement a 'catching window' period so that you can specify which year you wanted a catch.

4. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Do they - that will depend on the catcher's system.

Should they - Not necessarily. If anything it's more useful that they stay live.

Ultimately you as the customer should make sure any live catch requests are terminated if you no longer want them IMO.

Rgds

5. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

I remove/de-activate them the end of that day if they have dropped. Seems the best policy.

I've noticed a few become suspended at the end of the next cycle when they trip the was booked previously flag.

6. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

After 2 years we generally take ownership unless we're contacted. it's quite stupid to be (automatically) paying renewal fees for unclaimed names after giving the catcher/booker more than ample time. Need to add to TOC's I think. We've been so abused by non-payers.

7. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

so how many times have you paid for the domain you didn't want? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.