Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

A few domains for sale on eBay

Discussion in 'Archive UK Domains For Sale' started by bartmossuk, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartmossuk

bartmossuk New Member

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. winnie United Kingdom

winnie Member

Pointers on transferring to new owners:
    I don't think you will have to worry too much about this based upon the 5 domains you have listed on eBay.

Critiques on how I've worded my auctions:
    "Excellent domain name for a bar, pub or online store selling booze!" I doubt anyone would rush out and call their pub or bar or online shop "coldfrostybeer.co.uk".

When trying to sell someone something it is always best to make it as easy for them as possible, and to sound confident about what it is you are trying to sell:

"Please go to NOMINET's site to learn more about the fee and the process."
    No one will do this, they expect the buyer to do it - it isn't even worth writing it in the advert.

"(£30+ vat I believe). " I believe - oooozing confidence and knowledge of "your" industry.

I think that in your excitement to join the world of domain names you have rushed out and registered the first 5 things that popped into your head and then thought you could sell them on eBay for 300GBP. If it really was that simple - everyone would be doing it and making money from it.

The chance of registering a new domain and someone wanting to buy it are very "slim" (sure it does happen but not very often and this is usually for new technology names like "3g???.co.uk").

Your 5 domains are pretty shocking and have no industry value. Hyphenated domains are okay for SEO, or in few exceptional cases like "e-mail.co.uk", the rest of the time they are pretty worthless.

badweather.co.uk: "Excellent domain name for any site or business based around the wonderful weather of the UK ;) " - do you honestly think that:

a) that there are many companies out there basing their business around the UK weather?
    b) that they don't already have a domain name?
    c) that they would want to call it "bad" anything?
    d) that they would look on e-bay for their new company domain name?

Don't give up your day job! Domains aren't "get rich quick" schemes, they are a serious industry. Do some more research before you waste another fiver, cos Nominet wont let you delete it and get your money back anymore ;)

P.S. Try using a spell checker, or at least put in the occasional apostrophe "Id" "Ive".

• Like Like x 1
  4. denchomsky United Kingdom

denchomsky Well-Known Member

Harsh But True. :!:

5. bartmossuk

bartmossuk New Member

Fair points, thanks for the feedback. I got a few things to think about before I think about this again.
    Cheers!

6. redbird United Kingdom

redbird Well-Known Member

You mean like these?
    I want to sell them how would you value them?

3g-phones.co.uk
    3gvideocalling.co.uk
    3gvideomobile.co.uk
    videocalling.co.uk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.