Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

A morning in the life of a poor domainer

Discussion in 'General Board' started by bulkcorn, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

I still don't see the case for "stupidity".

A domain owner can make a bad investment (paid too much, didn't take advantage of a particular trend, an offer that doesn't get repeated etc. - endless reasons). People make bad investments all the time. Doesn't make them "stupid".

Regardless of whether they've made a good or a bad investment, the domain owner is still the only party that can determine whether a sale happens or not. A potential buyer is "mistaken" if they think otherwise.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. julian United Kingdom

julian Banned

I once bought diskless.co.uk for £5, had an offer of £500.00 some months later, I was greedy and wanted 750.00 now its ftr.

So I made an ok investment but I was a stupid and greedy.

I worked out I have lost £23,164 in lost offers on domains I have now let drop over the last 15 years (that includes the sale price other people made on my drops). I not ashamed about that because its a learning process.

4. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Interesting, and thanks for sharing in so much detail...

I presume you'll have made significantly more than £23,164 from turning down low offers in favour of waiting for higher offers :)

5. julian United Kingdom

julian Banned

I have made more but nothing to write home about compared to the 'daddy's' on this forum. I'm into the hoarding model now - waiting for the big hit, and I can tell you.. I'm getting sick of waiting :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.