Domain Manage

Acai Juice - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Skinner, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

If I get one more drop shipper / affiliate / monkey offering me acai berry pills/butt plugs/pressaries/smoothies/whatever than I'm going to hunt them down and talk to frank as they'll wake up in a basement with a gaping cut up their chest :p

Acai is another hoodia or goji or whatever else, just hype.

So I hope whoever bought it has a fast turn around as the hoodia train crashed in under 12 months.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. pendragon United Kingdom

pendragon Well-Known Member

but a lot of people respond to those emails and at $40 a time commission, those mails are going to continue until you opt out of the list you unwittingly joined.

4. Skinner

They are not emailed that way from something I joined.

its people trying to get me thru my websites to sell/dropship/promote acai, on my network of sites, I tell them they can buy a fixed ad thru adbrite or they pay me a set fee to advertise in a block or whatever, but aint interested in anything else.

I remember this same hassle with Goji and Hoodia, every bloody customer who bought it complained and refunds / charge backs was costing me a fortune, acai is just another one.

I don't know who (other than holland and barrett types) who would buy it for £15k ?

5. Skinner

(edited after rereading the thread, I thought it was a notification of a sale and an addition of the .co.uk not an actual auction for the .co.uk).

If I was you atlas, I would put a site similar to http://www.pureacai.co.uk and sell it as a package, a ready made shop/business. There are people out there begging to dropship it and multiple affiliates, lets say you generate 1 sale a day by collecting traffic leakage from the .com as they clearly have a plan and some cash, add in some seo, you'd make £1-2000 a year off that?

I agree its a good opportunity, but I was burnt a few times on similar food.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  6. rjs_essex United Kingdom

rjs_essex Well-Known Member

Thread split - please post any comments relating to the product here and not within a sales thread.

Thanks,

Rich :cool:

7. Skinner

Hey Rich, I mailed admin about this earlier, it was my bad sorry.

I missed his line about open to offers, and just saw the 2 lines on sedo sales and thought it was a sale notification asking for opinions.

I got MAJORLY burned on similar products :(

8. rjs_essex United Kingdom

rjs_essex Well-Known Member

No problem... thought I'd split the thread in case you wanted to discuss it further here...

Rich :)

9. Skinner

Looks like I was right, Holland and Barrett have started a big roll out on Acai Juice, £8 per half litre.

I heard H&B to a closed shop drop shipping for rebranded stock (i.e. your own brand on their products), so if anyone like Barry or Scott with a big enough swing has bought Acai Juice .com there maybe a good opp there.

As for the .co.uk I'd not consider trying to hock it to health food shops starting with H&B :)

I also looked in my Gym this morning (yeah me in a gym), they have noni, acai and loads of other wierd named fruits and berries on the juice/smoothie/coffee cart, for energy, wrickles, revitalisation, all different stuff.

I was tempted to get me a wierd combo of noni/acai just for the hell of it, but then given we have like 2-3 inches of snow on the ground and i'm in the skirts of cheshire so its leafy/open and windy, meaning the wind chill was like something out of the day after tomorrow, I decided on a hot coffee heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.