Domain Manage

acorndomains classified section

Discussion in 'General Board' started by markb, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markb United Kingdom

markb Active Member

Hi

Does anyone else think that the domainclassifieds section looks like a bit of joke allowing people to advertise domains like "realestatephotos.co.uk" for a minimum bid of £50,000 ? Real estate isnt even an english term, its american.

Surely this would turn away some new members of the site if people are allowed to advertise domains like this. It would make acorndomains look far more professional if it rejected peoples listings like this.

Mark

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Ashton United Kingdom

Ashton Well-Known Member

To me the classifieds section seems like it would be great if it was used, and used properly. However, its not and I don't think it serves its purpose.

I think the admin would do better to encourage acornauctions.co.uk somehow :/

4. markb United Kingdom

markb Active Member

Yeah there are lots of outdated auctions in that section that have been sold by other means.

5. karlm United Kingdom

karlm Well-Known Member

I agree i dont even bother looking in there

6. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

People can ask whatever they want for their domains and it would be impossible for me to moderate Acorn based on what I thought people could sell things for.

I would also say you shouldn't offer appraisals unless asked to do so as it's not fair on the seller.

I will be updating AD in the near future and will close out the VvBay auction pages for something else.

Admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.