Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Adding words to keywords

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by iFan, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iFan

iFan Member

Let's say I had a keyword I was wanting to use called "buy led tv" does it matter if I made a title on my site called "buy an led tv"?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. crabfoot United Kingdom

crabfoot Active Member

No harm in using key phrases in titles, but you should be careful not to overdo the use of key phrases.

I do article rewrites for some canny US domainers occasionally. They usually specify that they want the key phrase in the title, and once again in the document body for every 300 words, ie. they like about 250-300 words to separate each use of the key phrase, and if it's not in the title it wants to be in the first or second sentence of each piece of body text.

Don't forget that the search engines use the meta description when they list the site in a search, so you want that to "look right" and pertinent - and you want a different set of meta tags for each page, or the spiders will assume the pages are all "samey".

4. iFan

iFan Member

That's great advice I;d try to use the same keyword more than 2-3 times as overuse use looks like keyword spamming I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.