Domain Manage

Advice or Appraisal

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by NatXXX, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NatXXX

NatXXX Member

I haven't had any replies to my previous request for advice or guidance regarding .me domains, ...nor any take up when offering .me names (celebritys) for sale when that category was being advertised for, ..am I to assume that they are not worth anything ? ........even as vanity domain names ? .....
    ...or am I missing something here that everyone else already knows execept me ?

I have about half a dozen " non living" well known names.
    FredFlintstone.me, YogiBear.me, CaptainScarlet.me , GeorgeOrwell.me, WilliamShakespeare.me, and a couple of well know living British celebrities.

Thanks for any feedback or any replies

Nat

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

Hi Nat
    Names such as Loan.me and Date.me are fetching decent money £1500 to £3500
    Problem with celeb names is when web users search for a celeb there's a very good chance eg, WilliamShakespeare.com or .co.uk and sometimes .org.uk will rank well in search engine results but you don't see that many like .me or even .biz showing up

Things like Loans .me probably won't rank that great either but the end user buying this type of name will have a marketing stratergy and funds to back it up

To be honest your not going to get anything for these names
    Some celeb names are still available in .org.uk and they do rank quite well.

Sorry if have shattered your dreams but if anyone else does reply you will get a similar response.

Good luck :cool:

4. NatXXX

NatXXX Member

Thanks Doodlebug.

Thanks Doodlebug. a response at last , I was getting a little paranoid there, was it something I said ???

I appreciate your advice, I suppose I should just hang on to them and see what happens, fashions change I guess.

Regards
    Nat

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  5. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

Nat, they are worthless im afraid. Let them expire and learn from the experience, thats the only advice I can give.

6. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

If they are popular celebrities then you have two options. Either sell the domain to the celebrity or start an unofficial fan site and sell merchandise related to the celebrity. Some major celebrities have chosen to get trademarks and IP rights on their name, so if this is the case you will have to be careful. Major celebrity names that can generate traffic will have value.

However, the names you state above don't have much appeal, and if people aren't making you offers, then it is an indications that they have little value as standalone domains.

Rgds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.