Domain Manage

After Laptop/Tablet Convertible that Can be Used with External Monitors

Discussion in 'General Board' started by accelerator, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I'm looking to buy a new laptop/tablet convertible. Machines that have caught my eye are the Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 / Yoga 2, Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Convertibles from Dell etc.

The issue I have is some are reporting problems using the Yoga Pro 2 with additional external monitors, as the HDMI port is temperamental. So, who can recommend a powerful laptop/tablet convertible, with a screen of 15.6", that works well with external monitors?

Any other recommendations for particular Windows laptop brands or standard laptop recommendations also appreciated.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

A few years ago now, I had a play with the Dell Duo I think it was called. It was basically a laptop with a flip screen. Had all the ports of a laptop, but the option to work as a tablet.

I was actually quite pleased with it, screen was only 9-10 inches tho, assuming Dell do a 15" one, it should be quite good now since they have been doing them for a good few years now.

Probably not much help, but the old Duo was quite good.

4. accelerator United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply. Dell has the XPS 15 which is a laptop/tablet, but starting at £1,249 it's more than I wanted to spend and a little on the pricey side compared to some other manufacturers. It does look quite good though.

Rgds

5. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Not a recommendation but what's wrong with the Microsoft Surface Pro 3, which you have listed in your original post, as your solution?

6. accelerator United Kingdom

The Surface Pro 3 looks good and I am considering it. However, at present, it has a problem with using external monitors with it. This is solved if you use the Windows 10 Tech Preview, but I'm not sure I want to rely on a Tech Preview.

Rgds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.