Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DomainLore Auction Agreed.co.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Name Auctions' started by PoshTiger, Apr 8, 2016.

1. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

ends tomorrow - no bids as yet.. :(

4. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Was considering throwing a bid in but the lack of the .uk especially and the usage of the .com put me off.

5. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

understand the lack of the .uk - but this has debated to death recently so won't really open that up here.

Not sure about the usage of the .com being an issue though - why would that put you off?

6. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

Just a personal preference more than anything, I like the idea of the name for a brand but with an acquisition of agreed.com to escrow its kind of always going to be overshadowed or confused if the niches are similar. That said it was more the lack of .uk that was the most off putting, dot com I could have probably persuaded myself to throw some bids in ( especially since there isnt any haha ) .

Hope it sells for you though, I like it.

7. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

I understand where you're coming from, but since it's being re-directed - there is no brand on agreed.com now.

I'd much rather have a .co.uk domain with the .com having redirect, than where the .com has an active site on it.

As always, everyone here would rather have the .com over any other extension but for a uk brand, I think it's a good option.

There are no trademarks and multiple options around twitter handles too, but they don't make up for the lack of the .uk. :(

Thanks for your comments anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member

I take it the .uk was snapped up by someone else ? If so did you reach out to them seeing if they would sell ?

9. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

The .uk was caught by another catcher and it is for sale, but unfortunately I started the DL auction before we connected so it was too late to work out a deal.

ps - I'd much rather it didn't sell for a small amount, than not sell at all.

• Informative Informative x 1