Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Ahoy there!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RickofRock, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickofRock

RickofRock New Member

Hi there
    Thought i'd be different and use the original greeting Graham Alexander Bell used in the first electronic communication, which sadly got wiped out by the American "Hello"...

Ok...so i'm a bit of a tangent minded guitar bloke who does web stuff and have been doing since around 1996.

I'm a domain name hoarder, which drives my wife potty.

Worst name i ever bought had to be kisdiy.co.uk for my father in law, who had intentions of setting up a DIY site, (Keep It Simple Do It Yourself). Needless to say, the site never got finished, due to his constant demands for changes, and due to him finding a new hobby in wine tasting and drinking, and falling over from aforementioned wine tasting..)

The best name I owned I can't talk about for legal reasons, but it made me a ton of quids, but i suppose my next best is www.food-order.co.uk. I had plans to use it for my sandwich shop, but I've never had time.

Like i said i'm a guitar teacher and run a music school too www.rock-school.co.uk (which is actually a brill name too, for us).

I dabble and sometimes come across the odd gem, which i'll sell on and make some cash to buy new guitars with.

Domains i wouldn't mind trading/exchanging:-

www.food-order.co.uk

So if you've got owt I might be interested in giz an email/PM and i'll get back to you.

Thanks for reading
    Ricky

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Rob_F United Kingdom

Rob_F Well-Known Member

Nice introduction Ricky.

Welcome to Acorn.

- Rob

4. wb

wb Well-Known Member

Yep, nice introduction and welcome to the forum.

I would get rid of the '---review' domain you have due to it containing a trademark though.

5. RickofRock

RickofRock New Member

review site

Thanks chaps :)

The review site, was a "fansite" deal for a band I was putting together...the Q refers to frequencies.

I had some issues a few years ago with a well known brand of portable gas for heaters. I sometimes skirt close to the edge, sometimes it pays, sometimes it doesn't...Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I've since discovered a few ways to make sure i'm safe with these things ;)

6. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Welcome, nice to see someone putting in the effort and hopefully you will stick around ;)

That B and Q one is screaming DRS at me, I wouldn't put anything on it relating to DIY/tools especially with it being about reviews I think the store would really frown upon it, you say you know what you're doing so good luck 8)

7. Aiden Roberts

Aiden Roberts Well-Known Member

Welcome and that is a great introduction, you obviously have some solid experience in domaining. I am fairly new so unable to bring anything to the party yet but can definately confirm this is a great place to be with many helpful members.

8. wb

wb Well-Known Member

I find that hard to believe, especially considering how you have formatted the description of the domain as "B&Q review site" in your original post and not "Band Q review site". :)

9. RickofRock

RickofRock New Member

Ooops!

Bugger! Can't believe i did that *slaps head*. Just edited it, and since then i've unchecked renewal status, so when it expires it's up for grabs...it served a purpose for me ;)

10. FutureDomain

FutureDomain Active Member

Welcome Ricky

Would love to know what 'best name I owned' is, never mind great introduction.

Hope you enjoy the forum, I always do.

11. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Great introduction. Welcome!

12. Marcoose

Marcoose Well-Known Member

Perhaps the best intro yet - none of this "I'm new - hello!" bs. Five Stars!

13. Azam.net

Azam.net Active Member

Yes, a great intro. Welcome to the Acorn - I'm sure you're going to enjoy it here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.