Domain Manage

Another SEDO buyer disappears :(

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by newbie, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie United Kingdom

newbie Active Member

Oh well, two sedo domain name sales in a row ending with this dreaded message:

"Unfortunately we have had no choice but to cancel the transfer for this domain name. Despite repeated emails and contact attempts the buyer has failed to provide us with the necessary information to process this transaction."

Not Sedo's fault, but not sure why the buyer messed about so much with the price when there was no intention to buy in the first place :???:

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. rob

rob Founding Member

Ask Sedo to give you the full information on the buyer that they have on record :)

4. newbie United Kingdom

newbie Active Member

hi rob,

good idea... this guy has been haggling for weeks for this domain. in the end i took a price due to his persistence! that last thing i expected was for him to disappear :(

i'll do that, and contact the buyer direct if that is possible.

cheers!

5. retired_member11

retired_member11 Retired Member

What is the legal position on this type of situation? Isn't the agreement binding, technically speaking (I'm not living in the 'real world' when I write that)?

So if a Sedo member offered and then did this what might Sedo say and do?

6. newbie United Kingdom

newbie Active Member

sedo leave it for you to take your own personal legal action, sedo themselves do not do anything. The email goes on...

"As this cancellation is no fault of yours and due to the inaction of the other party you might have grounds for legal action, based upon Sedo’s binding bidding system. We would be happy to provide you the necessary contact data on the buyer should you decide that legal action is warranted."

:(

7. rob

rob Founding Member

Yes - tell them you are considering action and can they forward full info they have on the buyer.

8. retired_member30

retired_member30 Retired Member

Yes it's worth getting all the info you can. Once we had a well known friendly society that tried to renege on a large deal and having been identified and pursued they did complete the transaction. On other occasions it hasn't been so fruitful and can consume an awful lot of time and effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.