Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Any Droplists Sortable By DR?

Reaction score
Are there any droplists out there that that show DR that are either sortable or can be exported so we can sort on our end?

I know DL shows the DR but it's within the description so makes it a bit hard to quickly look through. Most other lists just show moz and majestic.

I'm specifically looking for some drops with high DR to look into a couple of things and it doesn't necessarily correlate to DA.

Why not ping Denys an email to suggest the feature?
It would make sense and I would imagine moving DR to its own column wouldn't be too difficult.

Problem with it showing in all droplists like on Dropped or UKDroplists etc. is the API usage for Ahrefs, which is now only usefully accessible via their Enterprise plan, which starts at £799 per month. On top of that, how many domains do you think drop a month? Even on the Enterprise plan, it's a 2 million request limit per month, so there is a limit. On top of that, there's the resource time needed to compute 7300+ rows of API requests for every new droplist, which arguably isn't a lot but it does still add some extra work. Add that to the arguably uselessness of the metric itself, it hardly seems worthy. You're only really going to get a good frame of reference from a deep dive into a backlink profile etc. for any prospective domain purchase, which DomainLore has already done, that's why the "DR" on DomainLore is so trustworthy. But if every droplist had it's DR metric attached, and you went on that alone, you'd be registering some pretty useless domain names very often.

However, I do agree that perhaps for the ones listed on DomainLore, it coul be sortable by metric. Might be worth a chat with Denys.

I did wonder if there was a financial reason why most lists left it out in favour of DA. Noticing DL had it is what made me wonder if others did though.

I'm aware that there's going to be a load of trash and faked stats in the higher DR.

Yeah, most people have a propensity towards DA anyway, as it seems to provide a better and more precise understanding of backlink power at a glance, over DR. I think Ahrefs actually call theirs AR "Ahrefs Rating" now, which is a fully in depth look at the overall authority of the domain profile.

I'm not actually bothered about DR in itself, I just noticed something that I wanted to dig a bit deeper into.

I'm not actually bothered about DR in itself, I just noticed something that I wanted to dig a bit deeper into.

In that case, pay more attention to DA, it’ll give you a better idea of true authority.

The thing I'm looking at is specifically related to DR.

All of these authority figures are relatively arbitrary anyway, and both DA and DR can be faked quite easily. But there's something we've noticed specifically about DR (not DA) that we want to dig into further.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom