Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

any htaccess wizzes out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Been looking for a solution to this but can find anything that specifically deals with this problem:

I have just rebuilt a site in Wordpress for a client, I have set up a bunch of 301's in htaccess from old site to new, but any old url with a number in it doesn't work, all the ones without numbers are fine.

example:

/index.php/news/15/rhs redirected to http://www.domain.com/news/rhs/

the folder/number /15/ stays in the redirected URl so it ends up:

http://www.domain.com/news/15/rhs/

Anyone know how to get around this?

current mod re-write

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

Thanks

What do your other rewrite rules look like?

Feel free to PM with the real URLs if you'd rather keep them quiet - though it'd be nice to post an anonymised summary of the problem in the thread once sorted!

Well you need to remove the second segment (the number) from the path using a RewriteRule like this (not tested but it should be right..):

Code:
RewriteRule ^(.*?)/?([0-9]+)(.*)$ /$1$2

Thanks for the help Dave, but in the end it was a browser issue and nothing to do with the redirect.

There was one redirect where the destination URL was wrong, so it was not getting completed properly, it sounds a bit bizarre, but it seems like Firefox had cached this folder structure, and whenever I tried a URL with the same amount of directories with a number folder it processed it the same way as the broken one.

I cleared the cache several times, so don't know how it stored this error.

I tried all the redirects in Chrome (something I probably should have done first before spending 3 hours looking for a solution on Stack Overflow) and they all worked fine, so this is the only explanation I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom