Domain Manage

Any liquidation experts

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Retired_member41, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

Hi

is there anywhere you can check if a company has gone in to administration/liquidation?

Thanks

I should say this is not looking for liquidated companies from the recent past, but as to whether there is a published list in real time sort of thing.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

4. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

Hi,

yes it seems the company is not dissolved yet, but not gave last accounts, it also says they have a small exemption, but its a £400k turnover, is that still a small concern?

Someone I know has worked for a company since they left school, 25 years, and have told everyone they are shutting and guiding them to the govt redundancy scheme, this makes sense, but the fact that the present company seems to have only traded since 2005 with no previous name changes, is not what the employer told the employees, they said they had just changed the name, no new contracts etc, so I thought they should have received some redundancy from the company that must have folded in 2005 and now the new one?

5. cm1975 United Kingdom

cm1975 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Companies house will list the "insolvncy history" if you want to find out if they're in administration/liquidation

7. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

if you knew 1/1000th of what went on with companies it would blow you out the water ,ghost companies and passing off assets ,try and get a director struck off....i have more chance of being struck by lightning ten times in a week ,don't get me started on companies and domains ? we will be here all day and you wouldn't believe me :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

The trouble starts with the "Simplicity" and "Cheapness" with which it is to register a Company (particularly with domain holdings/internet trading etc) But not so simple to comply with all the requirements that it entails. I personally think the registration process should be far more rigorous.

Having already made that mistake myself.

From my understanding of the Question above - Changing the name of the Company involves no legal change in the status of employees - apart from they should be duly informed of the change and it's effective date

9. disruptive

disruptive Well-Known Member

I'm a liquidation expert....

10 pints and I'm an expert on anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.