Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Anyone Watch the NFL game in London yesterday?

Discussion in 'General Board' started by nicedomains, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicedomains United States

nicedomains Active Member

I am from Denver and our Broncos played like sh*t. Sorry for the boring first half, at least the game got interesting after the break.

I'm curious how the coverage of the game was in the U.K.? Anyone go to the game or watch it on TV?

Cheers :cool:

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

First thing I heard about it was this thread :/

4. nicedomains United States

5. davedevelopment

davedevelopment Well-Known Member

Like you said, first half was boring so I switched over! First bit of NFL I've watched this season, coverage was good in my opinion, to be fair I think Sky put a good bit of effort into the broadcasting and promotion of NFL over here

6. developdomains United Kingdom

developdomains Well-Known Member

The FA/Wembley spend ages and ££££ getting the pitch right for football then let this lot rip it up!!!!!

POINTLESS!

nothing against american football but why not let them do it at twickenham????

7. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

Because Twickenham is used for proper sport... like the autumn Internationals this Month!

S

8. edo

edo Active Member

Watched the highlights on TV. First half was as bad as sports get, but the second half was brilliant.

Thought your team the Broncos were unlucky to lose it in the end and loved some of Kyle Orton's plays. The commentators were going on and on about him not being able to run with the ball, but who cares...he's a quarterback not a running back. Plus, I enjoyed watching him turn the ball over when some 49ers player got him with a tomahawk!

UK coverage is good when it's on TV. Am a big fan of Gary Imlach who does C4's live Sunday night coverage and did it back in the day in the 1980s. Really knows his stuff.

Cheers,

Ed

9. nicedomains United States

Glad you enjoyed the game Ed. We do have a stellar QB, he had like 400 yards passing, no interceptions.. that fumble was terrible though. Everyone in my living room saw it coming, we were like 'protect the ball..... NOOOO!' You can't scramble out of the pocket and hold the ball like it's a dirty diaper..

@MWTOnline - Sorry we ruined the pitch on your field at Wembley.. whatever that is (sorry ignorant American here :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.