Domain Manage

Appraisal: .co.uk Science fantasy

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by RSK3000, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSK3000 United Kingdom

RSK3000 Active Member

I was just wondering what people thought this .co.uk domain might be worth to an end user undeveloped/ developed.

Science Fantasy is a category of fiction closely related to Science Fiction - so development might include book reviews, film reviews, TV programmes, fantasy art, forum etc

Very little traffic, but with a lot of potential in the right hands, I think.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. RSK3000 United Kingdom

RSK3000 Active Member

friendly bumpppppppppppppppp;)

4. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is a ready audience out there for this domain, but how valuable that traffic could be I'm not sure. There are probably easier ways to make money online than a science fantasy site, it depends what you're in the site development game for as to whether you would consider developing it.

Rgds

5. RSK3000 United Kingdom

RSK3000 Active Member

Yeah, a good answer. I was hoping to sell it to someone with the drive and ambition to develop it, rather than developing it myself. There are loads and loads of science fantasy novels so this must be a relatively profitable niche for publishers. I would expect that while the 'revenue per click' would only be modest there are a lot of sf fans out there.

6. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Why not develop it yourself. Have you had a look at Amazon Astore technology? It's really easy to use. Here's a site that I recently created:

comedydvds.co.uk

Just write the home page with a lot of text mentioning the various key authors for the genre, then create yourself an Amazon Astore a bit like the one here:

ComedyDVDs.co.uk - Ricky Gervais

As you say, there is likely to be a ready internet audience out there, so I'm sure the site will prove profitable and one to add to your long-term portfolio.

Rgds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.