Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

appraisal help needed

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by binny, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binny

binny Active Member

Guide me please, I'm new to domain name buying :???: I've been buying and have realised I'm probably going down the wrong track.

Are these worth anything in the impending age of multi-touch technology?

multi-touchinterface.co.uk
    multitouchinteraction.info
    multitouchinteraction.co.uk
    multitouchsensors.co.uk
    multitouchpanels.co.uk
    multitouchtables.co.uk
    multitouchtablets.co.uk
    multitouchsurfaces.co.uk
    multitouchcontrol.com
    touchsurfaces.co.uk
    touchtables.co.uk

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. stevebrowne United Kingdom

stevebrowne Active Member

currently not much. In the next 2 years befor eyou need to renew, they could certainly increase. iPhone is obvioulsy multi-touch, and there are rumors that the next generation of mac portables will also be mutli-touch.

People are also starting to make their own (see the "Make" site)

4. jacal1 United States

jacal1 Active Member

I may be uniquesly qualified to help - as I own multitouchscreens in .co.uk and .net. I get few type ins, but some feelers as far as what I want to sell them for.

Long story short, the technology is not nearly fully here yet - the number of iphones doesn't nearly compare to the number of computer screens in operation. You might get offers from speculators, but if you can wait, bigger money might come when its a more widely used technology.

Make sure you keep the ones that could turn into actual products by that name. Names of a technology alone sometimes don't have value - have you ever gone to internalcombustionengine.com - even though there are millions of cars with that technology sold each year?

(I hope) mine are examples of real emerging tech products - and a google search helped me determine that.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  5. binny

binny Active Member

I've added to this list of multi-touch related domains and my full list is now

multi-touchinterface.co.uk
    multitouchinteraction.info
    multitouchinteraction.co.uk
    multitouchsensors.co.uk
    multitouchpanels.co.uk
    multitouchtables.co.uk
    multitouchtablets.co.uk
    multitouchsurfaces.co.uk
    multitouchcontrol.com
    touchsurface.co.uk
    touchtables.co.uk
    multi-touchscreens.co.uk
    touch.sc
    touchtablets.co.uk
    multi-touchtechnology.co.uk
    multi-touchsurface.co.uk
    touchwalls.co.uk
    gesturebased.co.uk
    multitouchtv.co.uk
    multitouchpc.co.uk
    multitouchsystems.co.uk
    multitouchpad.co.uk
    gesturesystems.co.uk
    touchtablet.co.uk

Multi-touch controls are operated through 'gesturing' and are 'gesture based'. There is a branch of this technology going into controlling household appliances using gesture control without a screen, think Minority Report and you are on the right track.

I found out today that Apple are attempting to trademark the term 'multi-touch', I don't know how successful they will be given that the term is 20 years old and the same tech is being developed by Microsoft, Perceptive Pixel, etc... I also don't know where I stand with these names if the TM comes after the reg? I do know that some of these domains keep getting whois checks done on them.

Microsoft will launch multi-touch tables in November, the multi-touch ipod will be announced in August and the multi-touch Mac in tablet form is probably 6 months away.

Is there any chance that a batch of linked names like these could sell as a portfolio?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.