Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

appraisal requested - chinesewhispers (.net .co.uk .org)

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by chinesewhispers, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinesewhispers United Kingdom

chinesewhispers Active Member

appraisal requested - chin ese whisp ers (.net .co.uk .org)

Hi Guys

I have been approached about one of my domains that I was actually not intending to sell, but in consideration, I don't see why not.

They are/were interested in the .com variant, but as I use it for email, that's not an option.

So, I have invited offers for the .net .co.uk and .org

Anybody care to place a value on the domains for me.

Many thanks

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Mark, if you have the .com in use then maybe you should think about keeping the others. Unless it's for a LOT of money.

4. chinesewhispers United Kingdom

azooza

Thanks for the reply, could I ask what reason there would be for this? The .com isn't used for a site as such, just a few email addresses.

I think I could easily get low 4 figures for the .net based on the enquiry.

My only concern is that if they have the .net, would they have a basis for a claim on the .com ?

Any other advice?

5. developdomains United Kingdom

developdomains Well-Known Member

the .com is the jewel in your crown, as they say. If you let the .com go the rest get devalued. If I were you I would sell them the whole package, that way they can't cherry pick the .com from you

no they cannot claim the .com if they have the .net

Justin

6. chinesewhispers United Kingdom

Thanks Justin

They are not going to cherry pick the .com that's not the one I am offering. They want the .com but I use it, so I will retain the .com whatever happens.

I have offered the .net as an alternative, but am just wondering if there is any other reason I should not sell it. The jewel will stay with me, at least for the forseeable future. I don't see the point keeping a set, if I don't ever intend to sell the full set.

Anybody else?

7. smokin United Kingdom

smokin Active Member

I think i'd sell the whole lot, the .com hasn't cost you much to develop, its a neat name.

Have you been using it for email since 2001 ? you may have heaps of email contacts ? if not too many perhaps just setup a new mail addres and update all your contacts..

Also mate you ;)NEED;) to get chinese-whispers.net and some of the others registered !!!!! if they want the.com but cant have it but are interested in the .net and see the 'dash' version available you may lose the whole deal !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.