Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Appraisal

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by StirCrazy, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StirCrazy

StirCrazy Member

thanks for the help guys, will keep hold of them for a while longer :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

They are all worth nothing without development and a proven revenue :?

Sorry but that's my opinion :|

4. StirCrazy

StirCrazy Member

Aye, I'm a developer (hence why I have the names). What is it with generics nowadays (just been looking around the forum... and wtf with .org.uk's :eek:)? Surely they are worth nothing. How can they be developed and break-out as a brand? Overnight (one day) SEO trading on exact phrase searches are going to crash because of a changing in SE algorithms and you won't be able to give away generics (apart from the exceptional ones that have become a brand and developed in their own rights).

LOL can you tell I've been on the otherside too long LOL (usually screwed by domainers overpricing me to put a good site on a half decent domain) :lol:

5. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Generics wil always work, maybe you will have to put more effort into the sites ie, fresh content but they will always be good, if not then searching for a business name eg, daves tool hire, if Dave only as a small site then he wouldn't get found in searches for his own business name.

Unless there is a dictionary search by Google as in they match a domain to product names eg, spanners then generics and business names will always be in the same class if you know what I mean.

6. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I think myholidayguide.co.uk is best, but none of the domains strikes me as particularly high value. Fine for development, but they're not really resale domains in my humble opinion.

Rgds

7. StirCrazy

StirCrazy Member

not looking for mega bucks, just to get shot for whatever I can get for them :)

8. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I would start by trying to sell myholidayguide.co.uk, and there's another thread on here asking for brandable baby names ;), so babyplus may be of interest to them.

Rgds

9. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Without development unfortunately you'll struggle to find a buyer ... Get some traffic, revenue, links etc you need to offer more too potential buyers...

Whatever algorithm’s etc is used, There will always be as there is now ways too fool, mislead, cheat the search engines…?

Part of the attraction of generics is verbal recommendation, easier to remember, fitting with traditional advertising, more customer friendly with other technologies etc. None of those are likely to change for a long time

So holiday.whatever will always be better than findmeaccomodationandflights.whatever this works with most generic products, items or services

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  10. websaway United Kingdom

websaway Well-Known Member

Maybe not the most scientific way of looking at it but the fact that YourHolidayGuide co.uk is still available might say something .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.