Domain Manage

Appraise please - Adsense site with 2yrs stats

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by RampageJackson, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RampageJackson

RampageJackson Active Member

I don't want anyone to put too much time into this, as to be honest I'm almost certainly not going to sell it, but I am curious what ballpark people would put this in.

I was looking around on my server and I found this site - A.S Roma Football Club Fan Site, which I havent done a single thing with since I bought the site more than two years ago. For easiness I'll post the stats from 15th October 2007 to 15th October 2009.

Domain Age: 3 years, 2 months
    Pagerank: 3
    Yahoo Banklinks: 153

Traffic:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

15th Oct 2007 - 15th Oct 2008 Earnings:
    [​IMG]

15th Oct 2008 - 15th Oct 2009 Earnings:
    [​IMG]

The thing that's making me curious of how people value this is that it has strong stats, I don't see many sites selling with a full 2 years stable traffic and income.

It is also unique from the point of view that it truely is "hands off". I can also prove this by showing you the Archive page from October 2007. If I sold this, someone could move it to their server, update their ad codes and forget about it. It would take 5 minutes of work.

So with the strong stats and the proof that it is a totally hands free investment, what would you pay for this site?

Would you work out some multiple of the current earnings? Or would you factor into it that it has no real content pages, so could easily be earning a lot more? (same would go for fixing the shocking design) Just curious.

Thanks.

edit- just realised I uploaded the same image twice. The first years earnings was £300, the second £355.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

In the style of Rampage JackAss:

It's shite, are you thick or what?

You get 1 years profit as a standard valuation and it turns over £300 per year.

How much do you think it's worth you dummy?

etc.

Seriously, how much do you think it's worth?

On current perfomance it would have to be £300 to £500??

Or is it worth more because it's yours?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

A couple of times recently you have writte this on other member topics:

So what category does this fall in to then, are you one of the "almost all", or one of the few not "almost all", let me guess :roll:

• Like Like x 1
  5. RampageJackson

I see you both want to trail arguments into other threads, thats fine :)

So a sensible reply to two non sensible ones:

Dashu - I realise 1 years turnover is standard for adsense sites, but I would say here the fact that I have 2 years stats, and can prove the site has had no updates, would increase the value.

Systreg - Yeah, cos a £300/year site is really something to boast about :rolleyes:

6. mally United Kingdom

mally Well-Known Member

I'd say £600,

• Like Like x 1
  7. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

If it's usually 1 years turnover then it's one years turnover no matter how many stats you have.

8. RampageJackson

Now you're just talking nonsense. No change there though :wink:

Can you not tell the difference between a site that needs weekly/monthly updates, and one that never needs updated at all? Unless you value your time at £0/hr then one is worth considerably more than the other, no?

Also, can you not tell the difference with a site showing consistent, long term earnings/traffic, over a typical site that can't?

If you can't, then I give in now - no point in continuing this with you.

9. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

You see Jackson,
    the thing with you is that you go around the board spouting your vitriolic words of wisdom to everyone in your inimitable style, basically telling them that they know nothing/ their sites aren't worth anything / they don't know what they're doing, but when it comes to yourself you think that all of the rules go out of the window & everything you do flies against everything that applies to everyone else and is worth considerably more.

You stated as sysreg pointed out that people looking for appraisals are generally just looking for attention - well I suggest that you are without question talking about yourself.

Not only are you looking for attention here, but the way that you rudely talk to everyone else suggests that you are trying to portray yourself as a "no nonsense expert" when in fact you are a know nothing nobody.

To put your site in perspective:

It earns £300 per year - thats less than £1 per day.

It's nothing, it's an utter waste of time that could easily be replicated by a 5 year old, and it isn't even worth 1 years adsense earning in my opinion.

It has nothing, and a few pence per day can easily become no pence per day very quickly.

Why would someone pay you a few hundred quid for something they could easily knock out in about 3 hours.

You see the truth is that not only do you know nothing about the internet, you also know nothing about business, but do go on dreaming that you're some kind of expert, we're all having a good laugh at your expense.

10. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

11. RampageJackson

Great, back to the personal insults and just ignoring the points I make. I could get a more intelligent discussion from my kid brother.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.