Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Are LLLL.com worth their reg fee?

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by WigWam, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WigWam

WigWam Well-Known Member

What do you guys think about LLLL.com domains. are they worth their reg fee?

cheers

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. retired_member13

retired_member13 Banned

Have you seen Reece's site? LLLL.com Buyout Near Failure?

LLLL.com was completely bought out (ie every possible combination sold) quite a while back, and the wholesale price was decent at the time. Personally I don't think any that have dropped subsequent to that are worth the reg fee, as there are quite a few people running 24hr scripts on these combos looking for the gems, which will have def gone to Namejet / Snapnames / Pool / GoDaddy Marketplace etc etc.

The only LLLL.com I've ever had is Lets.com btw, so I've never traded these things, but I thought that the market for LLLL.com in general was interesting in that it was pretty much all hype, and most of the buyout buyers were new(ish) domainers caught on a wave.

Avoid if at all possible IMHO, unless it's a real word or a good acronym.

4. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

I agree with the above words. I wouldn't think something like QXRU.CO.UK could have any great value to it, or many potential uses.

5. retired_member13

retired_member13 Banned

Did you read the thread? ;)

6. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

??? Have I missed something. I thought I was effectively agreeing with your comments. That's what I meant by ' I agree with the above words' :). Maybe I should've said, 'above post' instead.

7. retired_member13

retired_member13 Banned

The thread's about .com domains, not .co.uk.

There was a fairly healthy reseller market for any LLLL.com names a while ago, and they were all bought out, but now people are letting them drop. There are still loads of LLLL.co.uk names that have never been registered.

8. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

Oops, apologies. I've become used to the uk emphasis of the site, and misread the title.

9. jasman United Kingdom

jasman Active Member

Pot luck. With 457000 combinations you're not exactly getting something rare. With 3 letter domains you've got about 17500 combinations, which when you consider there are more than 2 million businesses in the UK alone there are bound to be several whose initials match each combination (except for combinations including rarer letters like Q, Z and X). At least with LLLL .com names, you have potentially a global customerbase, but you could be sat on them for a very long time. I own several but have done something with most of them. I did sell one last year for £1000 - it matched an Asian gov department's initials, and they were prepared to pay up to get the name.

10. orchardapple United Kingdom

orchardapple Active Member

and how do you search for the combo's that are left?

11. Takwa United Kingdom

Takwa Well-Known Member

There's none as it's not possible to hand reg them now, note the rush that bought them all out last year

12. orchardapple United Kingdom

orchardapple Active Member

perhaps i should of asked for a general perspective, supposed there were some left, how would you go about it?

Could you/is there a script available to search all combinations

13. Takwa United Kingdom

Takwa Well-Known Member

Well most of it will not drop and ones that will they will be caught by companies, back order it with those companies and you might be in with a chance.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.