Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Bank Charges

Discussion in 'General Board' started by olebean, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member2

retired_member2 Retired Member

Well had to stick my oar in sometime ;)

People in this forum pay hundreds of pounds or even thousands for domains and moaning about bank charges that too a degree was probaly there own fault from possibly investing too much and hoping to make it back.

Feel sorry for the real victims, the people who cannot afford to spend thousands and who get a bounced cheque fee, and unless they can bring their balance back into account within 28 days, have to pay another charge for being overdrawn.

Lot of worse off people in this country than yourselfs gentlemen, so maybe you should look at what you do have and be thankful, as theres a lot that dont have that.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Getting into domains sorted my finances out to a certain degree, we aint all rich, some just get along.

Lee

4. olebean United Kingdom

olebean Well-Known Member

what about businesses that go through growth periods

5. retired_member2

Indeed but we all take things for granted sometimes and put too much on the line.

I was made bankrupt from the love of my then life, built up a nice overdraft facility which I was clearing every month she put in loads of cheques which would at first be stopped but the banks were powerless to stop, I lived on mars bars and dried toast and used to pick change up from the floor.

Lot of lucky people in here and a hell of a lot unluckier people out there.

6. olebean United Kingdom

olebean Well-Known Member

i understand what ur saying..

economics, events, judgement, associations and luck!

7. retired_member2

I never have direct debits now unless I can help it as sometimes they can vary on the payment date and I've put in cheques before expecting them to clear in time and they have always ended up being one day late on the cheques so the debits have bounced.

As someone said before, good money management is the key and not relying upon possible payments which I have done in the past waiting on networks to pay me on time or waiting for a merchant to clear their invoice so if I'm expecting say £15 and I spend £15 but one merchant doesnt pay on time, and I only have £10 then I know I'm buggered.

So unless money hits the bank then I dont plan on that expenditure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.