Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Best domain parking monetisation for .co.uk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone got any experience / recommendations on the best (preferably UK based) domain parking / monetisation company for high quality generic .co.uk domains?

Peter

Last edited:
Peter,

I've tried a number of parking solutions in the past, including Namedrive, Sedo, Streamic, Parked.com, TrafficZ, DomainSponsor and Fabulous.com (I've probably forgotten a few as well)

In the end, nothing beat sending visitors straight to a dedicated "This domain name is for sale" page, in that the uptick in sales FAR outweighed the best parking revenue any of the networks could offer me. Food for thought, perhaps?

Thanks for your reply Edwin.

Definately food for thought.

Your comments much appreciated.

Peter

I've tried many domain parking site. Currently trying out whypark.com

One bonus is that as well as parking the site you can integrate google adsense and other affiliate ads for multiple streams of revenue.

Will feed back my results. Historically I've always found domain parking doesn't generate a huge revenue stream. If you aren't going to sell the name its often better to develop the site into something useful and generate ads either via a member site or offering a free site with ads. If you cant develop it then hire someone.

Thanks for your reply Wonderfulsites

Feed back of your results and or a summary would be great.

Peter

Sites that make money

Peter,

You might be interested in websites that we create using the UK Bizrate/Shopzilla Api which pays per click. Along with this you can also add your own banners (adsense, amazon, etc) and it gets good ranking in search engine. I have posted details here. Let me know if interested.

I have already had 2 orders just in last 5 days from this forum.

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/mini-sites/92236-product-sites-earn-money.html

Thanks,
Viman

Thanks for your reply in the thread Viman. I have replied to your pm.

Peter

I've tried many domain parking site. Currently trying out whypark.com

One bonus is that as well as parking the site you can integrate google adsense and other affiliate ads for multiple streams of revenue.

Will feed back my results. Historically I've always found domain parking doesn't generate a huge revenue stream. If you aren't going to sell the name its often better to develop the site into something useful and generate ads either via a member site or offering a free site with ads. If you cant develop it then hire someone.

About 3 years ago, I spent 3 months putting up 600 whypark sites - got some traffic to them and was making high £xxx per month in adsense. Google then dropped virtually all of them from their search results. This happened across the board with all whypark users.

I know a lot of changes have been made since then, but once burned, twice shy.

Peter E - last month I switched some names from parked.com to bodis.com with good results. Making 400%+ on what I was seeing at Parked.

Always wondered why people don't point there domains to there own parking page and keep all the click revenue is there a risk with adsense I don't know about doing this.

I recently got DM to point all my domains at a set of nameservers were a simple php landingpage looks up my domain from a csv displays some google search info, ad's and my contact details.

Example http://jobsinliverpool.org at the moment the landing page is very basic can easily be styled just wanted to see if my code would work in the first instance

Always wondered why people don't point there domains to there own parking page and keep all the click revenue is there a risk with adsense I don't know about doing this.

Seriously mate you need to change that page asap, if Google spot that they may ban your account. I know a few who have been blacklisted for it.

The site needs to meet certain standards on quality grounds to host Google Adsense, I'd investigate it further if I were you.

Seriously mate you need to change that page asap, if Google spot that they may ban your account. I know a few who have been blacklisted for it.

The site needs to meet certain standards on quality grounds to host Google Adsense, I'd investigate it further if I were you.

Cheers mate now changed I'll have a look a look at there TC's again

Last edited:

Ditto - this is really risky and once you lose Adsense there is a minute chance they will let you back.

About 3 years ago, I spent 3 months putting up 600 whypark sites - got some traffic to them and was making high £xxx per month in adsense. Google then dropped virtually all of them from their search results. This happened across the board with all whypark users.

I know a lot of changes have been made since then, but once burned, twice shy.

Peter E - last month I switched some names from parked.com to bodis.com with good results. Making 400%+ on what I was seeing at Parked.

I've got all my mine (apart from some now being trialled at Domainsponsor) on Bodis. I've been with Bodis since they started several years ago and would highly recommend.

Stephen.

Thanks BREWSTERS, newpbc, GreyWing and Brassneck for your comments and input.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom