Best Hosting for multiple Wordpress sites ?

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by KingDomainNames, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingDomainNames United Kingdom

KingDomainNames Active Member

Hello everyone,

I want to develop several of my domains using Wordpress, and also offer cheaper hosting to a couple of friends of mine who currently have their own basic hosting), so I’m looking for the best hosting package and provider possible, using a uk-based company preferably.

I have scoured through the Acorn forums, and found lots of helpful advice.
    The name that positively keeps springing up is evohosting.co.uk.
    They offer multi-website hosting, many free scripts (including Wordpress and Wordpress MU), and seem well-priced.
    However, they only allow up to a certain maximum number of domains.

I also looked online for other options, and lots of sites have their own offerings.
    Included are: heart internet.co.uk, daily.co.uk, bpweb.net, eukhost.com, amongst others.
    These companies offer reseller hosting, with heart internet offering a Virtual Private Server.

Does anyone out there prefer multi-site hosting to reseller hosting, or vice-versa ?
    Reseller seems better, partly because you can have many separate usesrnames/passwords (have I got that right?), which could be used for different customers to access and update their own websites, and also because you can have unlimited domains hosted.

Also, to host wordpress sites, is Linux Hosting better than Windows Hosting ?
    (I’ve not considered Linux before as I use a Windows OS on my computer, but daily.co.uk recommends using Linux for Wordpress websites, and evohosting only seems to use the CloudLinux OS)).

Any help would be welcome.

Many thanks,
    Steve

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Hi,

I use Webhosting UK for my dedicated server/hosting - good price, great support, no downtime probs, etc. All round good 'un. :)

PS: My affiliate ID is in the above link - so if anyone clicks and signs up through it, I will get a commission/referral (just wanted to be transparent about that!). ;)

4. JMOT

JMOT Well-Known Member

Heart Internet all day long for me.

5. AssetDomains United Kingdom

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

Looks like evo have changed there offering recently that sucks. hopefully as long as I stay with them them I'll still get the unlimited domains and databases.
    I haven used them but 123-reg's unlimited hosting plan had similar spec to what evo used to offer

6. mtalk India

mtalk Active Member

I will suggest you to use Ngnix webserver for muliple wordpress hosting. I had the same requirement , and my personal sites are working absolutely fantastic, I will suggest you to check Webhost.uk.net there prices are low..what I like most is support, never had any problem with them from last 2 years.

7. Joeyl

Joeyl Active Member

Use Galaxywebsolutions, can host multiple sites with wordpress on one package :)

8. octopus

octopus Active Member

I've used dreamhost, mediatemple and slicehost. All good.

9. viceroy

viceroy Active Member

Anyone use fasthosts? I've heard that they're pretty good as well as good for .co.uk's with them being in the UK?

10. stephenspint

stephenspint Member

explain

explain multi hosting

11. rob

rob Founding Member

I would never trust a host that runs off a subdomain .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.