Domain Manage

Best Hotel Affiliate

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing' started by chippyb, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

What in your guys experiance or heard is the best to use for hotel websites?
    I have used laterooms but they never reply to any emails I send so Im looking for someone else now.

Thanks

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. seemly

seemly Active Member

What sort of questions have you been asking?
    How many questions have you asked?
    Did you ask each question in individual emails, making it impossible for an account manager to keep track? It would be better served to take note of all questions you may have, try to find answers to these questions via research or asking experienced affiliates on various forums, etc, before trying to contacting an account manager.

To be fair, how many visitors/referrals do you send laterooms way?
    How much money have you made/made them?

How much time have you spent designing, building and optimising your site for the benefit of your visitors, in turn benefiting laterooms and yourself?

Minimal?
    Well, maybe that's the problem.

Why would/should a merchant spend any time on an affiliate who doesn't spend any time themselves trying to actively promote their product/services?

I am sure that a merchant the size of laterooms has thousands of affiliates, many of which will be deemed as more important than you, based almost solely on how much revenue they produce.

4. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

well how can I put more pissing time into the site when they will not respond to my emails about 5 so far about letting me have access to the xml file so I can use it in my website, if you havent got an answer to the question I have asked and only want to put your little rant in then do one!

• Like Like x 1
  5. seemly

seemly Active Member

Brilliant response.
    I am sure that people will be more than happy to help you out in future when you respond like that. :rolleyes:

I honestly feel my questions were justified, and would provide me with more information enabling me to help you out more and was definitely not a rant.

From the laterooms site:
    Have you tried phoning your account manager?

If it was genuinely an issue and something I wished to integrate into my own site, this would have been my second port of call (if not the first...)

6. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Shouldn't make any difference IMO if the OP sends them one referral or thousands per day, whether they make them a few quid or thousands...

Prompt, appropriate and helpful replies to properly placed e-mail enquiries should be given by any decent/reliable service. ;)

7. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

Well I work full time 9-6 email is the only real way of getting hold of them as it takes less time then being on hold for ages, but I have tried ringing them and I didnt get a answer it just hang and rang, I did spend abit of time on this site actually but im not gonna to spends months on it, I have more sites to get on and build but this is holding me up getting this one finished and getting the others done as well as they will be the same, hense why I was wondering what other people thought about different companies, its not like I havent waited for a response, its been like 3 weeks.

8. seemly

seemly Active Member

Maybe so.

But surely it's more professional and easier to manage if you ensure that you ask as many questions in a single email (or at least as few emails as possible) for better and more concise communication, whilst also enabling more chance of a response in a timely manner?

9. seemly

seemly Active Member

See, this is better info!
    3 weeks is beyond rude. I would be tempted to phone them.

I realise you work 9-6, but if it helps you get the answers you need in order to get your site up and running, I would make it a priority.

10. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

Anyway enough of them not responding, whats peoples thoughts ofl other hotel affiliates or late rooms?

Thanks tho

11. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

ok called laterooms on my lunch and got straight through, they had tried to call me, but me being me I dont answer withheld numbers, 5 mins later and a nice little chat im getting the xml files, there we go.

12. seemly

seemly Active Member

awesome. Good stuff! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.