Domain Manage

Best Wordpress theme for a town domain

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by Nova, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nova United Kingdom

Nova Active Member

I own a town domain which I'd like to develop and I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion for a Wordpress theme I could use to build it on.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

4. retired_member34

retired_member34 Retired Member

5. Maccke

Maccke Active Member

I'd say it depends on your business model and what you plan to do with the site. One place I got quite some themes from is this once --> ThemeForest.net..

6. Nova United Kingdom

Nova Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm working tonight but I'll have a proper look at them tomorrow night.

I'd say it depends on your business model and what you plan to do with the site.

I want to make a decent site which will be both useful for visitors as well as locals. As the name is Rosyth (com) is a town not too far from where I live, I thought about contacting local businesses to see if they wanted to advertise on it ones its up and running but that might be quite labour intensive.

Rosyth also has a ferry to Holland which could be another niche I could try and target. I would like to have a page about the history of Rosyth, the gold course, the football team, weather forecast etc..

7. devilsrefugee

devilsrefugee Active Member

They have a gold course? :lol:

8. djbw United Kingdom

djbw Active Member

Bit late to reply I know, but I'm currently looking for something similar so thought I'd share another couple of links to add in to the mix.

http://thereisathemeforthat.com/local-business-directory-themes-for-wordpress/
    http://themeforest.net/item/the-navigator-premium-wp-location-guide-blog/397351

Geo Places by Templatic looks the job but the reviews I've seen say it's quite buggy, so I can't quite bring myself to drop the cash. I'm wondering about just using the WP Geo plugin with a standard theme but the first link I provided suggests a few more.

Hope this helps someone else! If anyone wants to post their experiences with any of themes I'm sure millions ;) of others would find it helpful.

9. retired_member33

retired_member33 Retired Member

There is no passenger ferry from rosyth anymore, the one from rosyth to Belgium was canceled last year. I used to work for the company which operated the ferry:)

I believe the freight ferry still runs but that will be a hard one to monetize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.