Domain Manage

BestDatingSites.co.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by xyznick, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xyznick

xyznick Member

Not going to sell this one unlike the other ones but grateful for any valuations thoughts.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I think it's a great name to use for an affiliate site, and an affiliate might be prepared to part with some cash to buy it, but they normally take some convincing as they can always just register a slight variation.

Rgds

4. cc976a

cc976a Well-Known Member

I agree with accelerator - you're going to need to develop and rank this for an affiliate to be interested

It's nice but it's a hugely competitive field where G changing the goalposts with Panda may mean the exact KW match won't necessarily help with SERPs

5. xyznick

xyznick Member

Thanks for the replies.

Agreed it is a competitive field. Presumably if the content is good and high PR links obtained then top SERP's will be achievable for the exact match keywords regardless of the panda change. I assume the change is not specifically targeting all affiliate reviews sites regardless of the quality of their content.

I've yet to see a clear article on what the google change actually means. I have seen references that sites with too many spam-type links and poor content will be hit (no bad thing) along with complaints from site owners who say their site has been penalised and they protest it doesn't fall in to the 'spam' category.

6. cc976a

cc976a Well-Known Member

You're right, with good site, great content and fantastic PR links then you can appear at the top of the SERPs for any keyword and any site....I guess the points being made is that a name like this would have to be compared now with a FTR domain that could potentially achieve same SERP now that the apparent exact match 'bonus' has gone

It's hugely competitive industry but of course anything is possible - best of luck if you choose to develop

7. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

undev'd I don't see the value but ranked and earning then yes it would do ok 8)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.