Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Beware of evil appraisal scam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If you receive offers for domains in the following format or similar and use the service, you are likely wasting money.

"Hello,

Are you still interested in selling your domain name? I saw it listed for sale.

Did you get offers from other people?

I need to know your desired price. Please don't ask to make an offer. Just email the desired price.

I run a software company. We develop client-server systems and databases in Oracle for a local company. Buying and selling domain names is not my main business. Just another way to invest money and make additional income.

Best regards,
Peter Stichbury, Ph.D.
President
Back Office Net Solutions"
====================:twisted:

This has been going on for a long time. Reply back and say £5. You will not get a reply!

I've had this for two of my domains now. I know the value of one of them anyway since I already had it appraised and so I emailed him back with a fictional inflated value and offered him a deal where he'd be set to make a good profit if he purchased straight away.

Lets see if the greedy so and so can resist the temptation of easy money from a sale ;)

Typical appraisal scam that has been around for quite a while. Isn't there anything that can be done to shut this guys site down?

The same guy with the same template letter dos it for 3 years now..., just tell him it's your for $10...

These folks are from Russia and very nasty indeed.. You'd be best advised to ignore them..

We wouldnt want to be traces of polonium-210 dotted about [insert your home town here] now would we? ;)

I came across this when I first started registering names 6 months ago. This was from the US though. He gave himself away when he offered $10,000 for fresh-fruit.BIZ! Even a newbie like me at the time knew this wasnt right. He Said he wanted an appraisal but didnt trust Sedo and prompted me towards another site (I cant recall the name right now). I said Ill get an appraisal at Sedo, you get one from X?X and we'll work from there.

...of course....no reply!

You'd think he would have had the sense to quote a more realistic figure?!?

The things people will do for money, eh? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom