Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Bing - number of sites not listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've never really paid too much attention to Bing, however with Google changes I have been at least looking where my sites rank!

What I have noticed is that a number of my sites which have been in the Google index for months even years are not even in Bing. I assumed like Google, that sites eventually get found and listed but obviously that isn't the case. Anybody got any suggestions as to how I can get Bing to notice my sites?

An example of one site not listed is www.sussex.org.uk

Thanks
Stephen.

Bing webmaster tool and add a sitemap, I found sites getting indexed in a couple of days

Cheers - will try that on a few.

Stephen.

Try it on all of them, it's what you need to do ;)

On the plus side, when they do get in there they should rank very well if they are all exact match like that!

Try it on all of them, it's what you need to do ;)

On the plus side, when they do get in there they should rank very well if they are all exact match like that!

Thanks - that's useful to know. Always assumed that all the search engines picked up on sites in the way that Google did but seems you have to be more proactive.

Stephen.

Bing seems to have a strange thing that your site may be listed, but if you apply the UK only filter, it seems to filter them out, rather than in, it is very strange.
Doesn't seem to make any difference where the server is, etc.
Regards
Bruce

Bing seems to have a strange thing that your site may be listed, but if you apply the UK only filter, it seems to filter them out, rather than in, it is very strange.
Doesn't seem to make any difference where the server is, etc.
Regards
Bruce

Thanks you are right - sussex.org.uk appears in the main search but not in UK search. How weird! I will check all my sites in the main search first then and then try to work out how to fix that. Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers
Stephen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom