Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Black Friday affiliate tracking issues

Reaction score
Do any of you have publisher accounts at Webgains and access to stats on how many clicks you know you sent versus how many they tracked and recorded?

We sent out a solus email for one of their partners and less than 12.2% of the clicks sent have been correctly recorded.

We should have those stats, my wife deals with the retail aff programs though so let me get her to pull the click stats and I'll see if they match up with what our server says.

Will let you know later on today.

Do you mean you tracked the clicks out of the email before sending them through the Webgains link? If so, I'd expect quite a drop off (though not to the level you describe, of course!)

They reported about 15% of our clicks. Suspiciously low since then too, but getting better. Hopefully just an error with their reporting, and not their tracking!

Don't do much with WebGains but all seems fine from here.
AWin has been temperamental with reporting but they say tracking is fine.
Currently reporting clicks but not sales for today.
If the tracking systems can easily scale to meet demand I'm not sure why reporting can't... unless there is some requirement for human approval.

Do you mean you tracked the clicks out of the email before sending them through the Webgains link? If so, I'd expect quite a drop off (though not to the level you describe, of course!)

Yes, we use Sendy.co for emails and all links go through tracking within the Sendy app.

Where we track internal links, the drop off is 1-2% (which you might expect for the occasional slow loading page or click in error), but almost 88%? Wow.

Does the Webgains cookie get blocked by ad blockers?

The tracking is url based, so it shouldn't get blocked by anything (would kind of negate the point!)

The tracking is url based, so it shouldn't get blocked by anything (would kind of negate the point!)

My ad blocker throws a fit at Tradedoubler links - I have to click to confirm a visit. Commission Junction too.

Why the number of times I am in prison is according to time.one can give me an explanation

Regardless...blahblahblah.... problems.

Welcome to the forum. :D

000000.png

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom