Domain Manage

Blank Renewal Notice from 123-REG

Discussion in 'Domain Name Registrars' started by lwoody, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lwoody United Kingdom

lwoody Active Member

Has anybody else recently started getting blank renewal notices from 123-REG? This is another one i had this morning.

Lee

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. djbw United Kingdom

djbw Active Member

Yeah. Doing my head in now. I transferred all my domains out a while back yet I'm still getting emails like yours...

4. webfusion

webfusion 123-Reg Staff

Hello,

I'm Nerys and I work here at 123-reg.

lwood, I have highlighted the issue regarding the domain name renewal reminders, and this will be fixed as soon as possible.

djbw, I have sent you a message as I would like to be able to help you resolve the issue you have experienced further.

Regards,

Nerys

5. djbw United Kingdom

djbw Active Member

Thanks Nerys. Reply sent!

6. aaclapham

aaclapham Active Member

I closed my account and still getting these emails :(

7. lwoody United Kingdom

lwoody Active Member

I still have an account and they are still blank.

I just made my views very clear in the Nominet Consumer Survey about the level of service I have had from 123-Reg over the years. I think Nominet should make it compulsory for registrars to have DNS export functionality. It is at least half a days work to migrate away otherwise I would have been LONG gone.

Lee

8. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Makes you worry about database management issues. But got to add I got a survey request from Nominet today asking for some feedback on why I let a name drop. I nearly died "thinking oh Shit it didn't renew"

Yep it did, when I paid 123-reg (and correctly showing at Nominet) from nearly a month ago - Good job Banks don't operate like this. Err nearly forgot yep they do to

9. webfusion

webfusion 123-Reg Staff

Hello,

We have been working on the blank domain name renewal reminders, and this issue should now be resolved. If any of you continue to experience this issue, please could you PM me some details on your account, such as a support ticket ID or a domain name and I will look into this again for you.

aaclapham - I would be more than happy to look into your issue. If you, or anyone else experiencing similar, could send me a domain name which was with us, or a support ticket ID I will be in touch further.

Regards,

Nerys

10. lwoody United Kingdom

lwoody Active Member

...Webfusion

Did anybody used to host their websites with Webfusion back in the day? I reckon that company aged me 10 years. I was on xenon.webfusion.co.uk if I remember rightly.

I long for the day for a DNS export feature at 123-reg, I told Nominet in my customer survey that should be a mandatory piece of functionality for all Registrars.

L

11. lwoody United Kingdom

lwoody Active Member

database management issues

Big time...I have told that to Richard @ 123-reg when we've spoken on the phone on numerous occasions

L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.