Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Boycott Google

Discussion in 'General Board' started by crazihos, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazihos Spain

crazihos Active Member

Morning All,

Just had the Wright Stuff on C5 on in the background while I was working and he's just suggested everyone boycott Google because of their tax avoidance scheme.

The program went as far as showing you how to change your homepage setting to yahoo as the default and now they are doing a whole section of the show on it.

I know it hasn't got a massive audience but its the first mainstream program I have seen mentioning boycotting Google in the same way a few suggested a Starbucks boycott.

Russ

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. raysaj

raysaj Member

just filling airspace.... Google still provides us with a good concise platform to have a voice of our own and have numerous great causes...

and boycotting Google will not exactly hurt Google that much.....what will hurt them if we stop clicking on the PPC links....

4. raysaj

raysaj Member

also the program does not provide sufficient reason in doing so..........Google does not exactly need to be in the UK, it can easily uplift its offices and reside in a tax haven but it does not do so...they are creating far more value than the more retail present businesses....

5. peter_w United Kingdom

peter_w Active Member

Boycotts over how a company deals with their accounting is absolutely ridiculous to be honest. Google has shareholders and as a company they have a duty to generate the best possible returns through any legitimate means.

That said, plenty of other reasons to boycott Google.

6. crazihos Spain

crazihos Active Member

I think the issue was that that Eric Schmidt has been boasting about how little tax they pay here.

Nobody can blame them for paying as little as possible but it does stink when they start singing about how great that is - thats not going to win them many fans.

7. raysaj

raysaj Member

true, Google have been boasting about the community projects they head, i.e the startup offices in London where people can meet and colloborate for free...that is what they think is them paying back in tax.....not that i am saying that is right !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.