Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

BS Bingo

Discussion in 'General Board' started by crabfoot, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crabfoot United Kingdom

crabfoot Active Member

My wife is still in the Jet Set Rat Race (ie. she works for a large multinational company).

Recently, she told me of a game they play to brighten up tedious meetings called Bull$hit Bingo.

Lists of trite "management speak" phrases are distributed among contestants. When a phrase crops up in the conversation, it is marked off with the initials of the person uttering it. First to get 5 phrases shouts "bingo", unless a director is present, in which case gestures are used to indicate to other players that the game is over. Apparently, if a director is present the number of phrases needed to win is increased to prevent the game stopping too quickly.

Because most people (except directors) are aware that the game is in progress, they are avoiding a lot of traditional clichés. To improve the game, any suggestions for new "management speak" would be welcomed.

At this moment in time we need some blue sky thinking from Acorn Domainers to get to the open horizon on this project - I trust that no one will be remiss is making the required effort. We must all do the needful to assist my wife in callifudging together her new BS Bingo cards. All in favour say "AYE" ...

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. DomainAngel

DomainAngel Well-Known Member

I'm sure the directors are aware, seeing as its been in numerous films and around since the late 80's

Why would you want some new speak, when if its new, it wont be on the bingo card?

maybe some of the sayings will be available to register?

openhorizon is owned by a domainer/business guy with some expensive domains.

I know its late, and I may be a bit grumpy, but I would sack em all. They dont work for a bank do they, cos those idiots played the same games i'm sure. :p

No offence to your good wife intended of course.

4. crabfoot United Kingdom

crabfoot Active Member

No, it is not a bank, wife works in Regulatory Affairs for a FMCG multinational.

She and her colleagues get p'd off having to attend meetings, in which they need to explain to the marketing people for the umpteenth time that they can't legally "make that claim", or change the design of the pack because it is registered with a government agency.

It is a rotten bit of the job - you are in the meeting to keep "them" in line, and "they" grumble viciously upwards when you tell them not to do something, especially if "they" have already spent time on planning something.

The new phrases are wanted for compiling new cards.

In this case, the game keeps people listening when they would ordinarily switch off because they are not interested by the subject, so it is a positive application of BS Bingo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.